Young ballet dancer follows dream with latest performance
- Credit: Archant
A 14-year-old ballet dancer from Lowestoft is one step closer to achieving her dream of dancing professionally as she rehearses for her latest role.
Olivia Cheung, who attends Sir John Leman High School, in Beccles, will be appearing in the English Youth Ballet's 'Cinderella in Hollywood' at Norwich Theatre Royal on May 25 and 26.
Olivia said: 'I first started dancing when I was 4 years old. I started because I saw a ballet dancer on TV who looked really good and it inspired me.
'I am looking forward to dancing with English Youth Ballet to get all the experience.
'It's really good to get out on stage and show your face – its so nice.'
You may also want to watch:
She added: 'In the future, I really would like to be a professional ballet dancer and go to Central School of Ballet or the Royal Ballet School. I would love to go to New York and dance there.'
For more information visit www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk
- 1 Mum of four set to return to the stage in Lowestoft - after a decade away
- 2 Academy in Lowestoft receives Ofsted praise for 'effective action'
- 3 Thieves steal moped from driveway of home in south Lowestoft
- 4 Is Lowestoft becoming 'party central' of the east coast?
- 5 Popular Lowestoft restaurant revealed as English curry award finalist
- 6 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 7 Inquest date set for Gorleston woman found on beach
- 8 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted
- 9 East Suffolk's coronavirus case rate increases, but rates still half England's average
- 10 Pair steal drill from parked Ford van in Lowestoft