Beautiful shot of sunrise skies crowned The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This superb sunrise shot which captures waves reaching the shore during the first light of the morning has been crowned Picture of the Week.
The photo was taken by 53-year-old Melanie Turner, from London Road South, at Lowestoft South Beach.
She used her Canon Powershot SX50 to create the image and said: 'I grabbed my camera and ran to the beach just before sunrise to catch this magnificent sky. It didn't last long, only a few minutes so I was glad I went so quickly.
'I love this image because it reflects the colour and beauty of some of our wonderful dawn skies here in Lowestoft.'
As our winner, Ms Turner receives a 10in x 8in framed version of her photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
You may also want to watch:
To enter our competition, email your pictures to email@example.com
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 5 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 6 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 7 How well do you know Lowestoft?
- 8 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 9 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 10 Local recruitment crisis for dentists in east Suffolk