Beautiful shot of sunrise skies crowned The Journal’s Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This superb sunrise shot which captures waves reaching the shore during the first light of the morning has been crowned Picture of the Week.
The photo was taken by 53-year-old Melanie Turner, from London Road South, at Lowestoft South Beach.
She used her Canon Powershot SX50 to create the image and said: 'I grabbed my camera and ran to the beach just before sunrise to catch this magnificent sky. It didn't last long, only a few minutes so I was glad I went so quickly.
'I love this image because it reflects the colour and beauty of some of our wonderful dawn skies here in Lowestoft.'
As our winner, Ms Turner receives a 10in x 8in framed version of her photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
You may also want to watch:
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Woman scared to leave her house after being closely followed by man
- 2 Pub and restaurant group 'looking forward' to re-opening popular venues
- 3 'Welcome back!' - Glasses raised as popular pub reopens
- 4 Woman punched on the ground after walking crutch was kicked away
- 5 'Innovative' new street light sparks interest on the coast
- 6 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son
- 7 'We can't wait' - Boutique owners prepare for April 12 re-opening
- 8 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week
- 9 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 10 'A redevelopment opportunity' - Empty town centre shop and maisonette set for auction