Wetherspoons? Primark? Here’s what you want to see replace Beales in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
Following the news that Beales is set to close in Lowestoft, readers have been having their say on its replacement.
The popular department store, on London Road North, has announced that it will close its doors by the end of April.
However, chief executive Tony Brown has said that no jobs will be lost as a result of the store's closure.
With a closing down sale under way, we asked what you would like to see in place of the long-standing store and there was an overwhelming victor.
A massive 63pc of voters said they want to see Beales replaced by Primark, touted as a potential newcomer to the town for a number of years.
You may also want to watch:
Way back as the second most popular option with 18pc of the vote was the suggestion of an indoor market.
Tied in third place were calls for a new nightclub and a second Wetherspoons to supplement the existing Joseph Conrad pub in Station Square.
- 1 Woman scared to leave her house after being closely followed by man
- 2 Pub and restaurant group 'looking forward' to re-opening popular venues
- 3 'Welcome back!' - Glasses raised as popular pub reopens
- 4 Woman punched on the ground after walking crutch was kicked away
- 5 'Innovative' new street light sparks interest on the coast
- 6 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son
- 7 'We can't wait' - Boutique owners prepare for April 12 re-opening
- 8 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week
- 9 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 10 'A redevelopment opportunity' - Empty town centre shop and maisonette set for auction
Less than 5pc of voters opted for either a children's play centre, multi-storey car park, gym, restaurant or bowling alley.