Wetherspoons? Primark? Here’s what you want to see replace Beales in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
Following the news that Beales is set to close in Lowestoft, readers have been having their say on its replacement.
The popular department store, on London Road North, has announced that it will close its doors by the end of April.
However, chief executive Tony Brown has said that no jobs will be lost as a result of the store's closure.
With a closing down sale under way, we asked what you would like to see in place of the long-standing store and there was an overwhelming victor.
A massive 63pc of voters said they want to see Beales replaced by Primark, touted as a potential newcomer to the town for a number of years.
You may also want to watch:
Way back as the second most popular option with 18pc of the vote was the suggestion of an indoor market.
Tied in third place were calls for a new nightclub and a second Wetherspoons to supplement the existing Joseph Conrad pub in Station Square.
- 1 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 2 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 4 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 5 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 6 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 7 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 8 NessFest to return to Lowestoft with free events all week
- 9 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 10 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
Less than 5pc of voters opted for either a children's play centre, multi-storey car park, gym, restaurant or bowling alley.