Lowestoft boxer Anthony Ogogo targets better Strictly Come Dancing score
- Credit: PA
Lowestoft boxer Anthony Ogogo has spoken of his desire to dance his way to a better score when he appears for the second time on Strictly this weekend.
Mr Ogogo took to Twitter to review his first eventful performance on the BBC One show, when his trousers split as he danced with partner Oti Mabuse.
The 26-year-old split his trousers during an energetic routine to the Wham! classic Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go. The dance included a number of kicks and flicks, which explained the wardrobe malfunction.
Mr Ogogo scored 21 points, which left him in the middle of the leaderboard after the first week, in which no dancers were eliminated.
'Sorry I didn't get a very high score. Next week I'll try even harder,' he said on Twitter, adding. 'I'm not the best. Oti trained me very well. Now I've gotta do another one again next week.'
You may also want to watch:
Referring to his split trousers, he said: 'Whilst I was jiving I heard a rip. It was either going to be my hamstring or my trousers. T'was the latter... I didn't fall over so it was a success.'
Strictly continues on BBC1 at 6.20pm tomorrow when Mr Ogogo and Oti will be Waltzing to If You Don't Know Me By Now by Simply Red. One of the 15 pairs will be voted out on Sunday's show, which starts at 7.15pm.
- 1 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 2 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 3 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 4 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 5 Woman in 60s airlifted to hospital after medical emergency
- 6 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 7 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
- 8 Dad's anger as Lowestoft play area closed off months after daughter's fall
- 9 Work to locate 'buried oil deposits' on beach after Eleni V tanker spill
- 10 Works to restore shopfronts dating back to 1860s on High Street
? What do you think of Mr Ogogo's performance on Strictly Come Dancing so far? Write, giving your full contact details, to: Journal Postbox, 147 London Road North, Lowestoft NR32 1NB.