Lowestoft boy admits trashing eco-haven
A TEENAGER has been reprimanded by police following the heartless trashing of a Lowestoft school's eco haven.In September thugs wrecked more than seven months of hard work by enthusiastic youngsters at Foxborough Middle School.
A TEENAGER has been reprimanded by police following the heartless trashing of a Lowestoft school's eco haven.
In September thugs wrecked more than seven months of hard work by enthusiastic youngsters at Foxborough Middle School.
Pupils and teachers at the school in Foxborough Road were left saddened as equipment, plants, fruit, flowers and vegetables that had been carefully cultivated and tended were destroyed as vandals struck on September 20.
The garden in the grounds of the school was targeted and stones were also thrown, with several windows broken.
You may also want to watch:
And this week, after four months of investigations, a police spokesman said: 'Following the incident police seized CCTV and an identification of some of those at the scene at the time was made with assistance from staff at the school. Further enquiries were made by police to determine who had caused the damage with several youths being interviewed by officers.
'During these interviews a boy, who was 15 at the time of the incident, admitted causing the damage,' the spokesman added. 'He was subsequently reprimanded by police.'
- 1 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 2 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 3 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 4 Warning after man duped into paying £300 to 'forceful' rogue traders
- 5 Two Lowestoft recycling rounds costing £50,000 in contaminated waste
- 6 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 7 Sadness at latest Lowestoft town centre store closure
- 8 'Life and soul of the party': Lowestoft pub boss remembered
- 9 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree
- 10 Three men arrested after van targeted in break-in