Lowestoft boy admits trashing eco-haven
A TEENAGER has been reprimanded by police following the heartless trashing of a Lowestoft school's eco haven.In September thugs wrecked more than seven months of hard work by enthusiastic youngsters at Foxborough Middle School.
A TEENAGER has been reprimanded by police following the heartless trashing of a Lowestoft school's eco haven.
In September thugs wrecked more than seven months of hard work by enthusiastic youngsters at Foxborough Middle School.
Pupils and teachers at the school in Foxborough Road were left saddened as equipment, plants, fruit, flowers and vegetables that had been carefully cultivated and tended were destroyed as vandals struck on September 20.
The garden in the grounds of the school was targeted and stones were also thrown, with several windows broken.
You may also want to watch:
And this week, after four months of investigations, a police spokesman said: 'Following the incident police seized CCTV and an identification of some of those at the scene at the time was made with assistance from staff at the school. Further enquiries were made by police to determine who had caused the damage with several youths being interviewed by officers.
'During these interviews a boy, who was 15 at the time of the incident, admitted causing the damage,' the spokesman added. 'He was subsequently reprimanded by police.'
- 1 A12 closed following serious three-vehicle crash
- 2 'Foolish' - Landowner could face prosecution after drilling into trees
- 3 Dangerous double drug-driver awaits sentence for injuring cyclist
- 4 Lowestoft gets £24.9m for key town centre projects
- 5 Traffic problems as bridge lights stuck on red
- 6 Delays expected as 48-ton boat is transported through region
- 7 Man in 20s among further Covid deaths at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Man charged following early morning burglary attempt
- 9 The voice of the Shipping Forecast publishes latest fox storybook
- 10 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft