Search

‘Bright and intelligent boy’ died from overdose in flat

PUBLISHED: 20:19 13 January 2020 | UPDATED: 12:56 14 January 2020

20-year-old Megan Johnson was found in her bedroom by her father and sadly died after CPR was carried out for more than an hour, an inquest has heard. Picture: ADAM HOWLETT

20-year-old Megan Johnson was found in her bedroom by her father and sadly died after CPR was carried out for more than an hour, an inquest has heard. Picture: ADAM HOWLETT

Archant

A young man from Lowestoft died as a result of an accidental overdose, an inquest has heard.

Ford Elliston, 23, was found dead in his Lowestoft flat on the evening of Friday August 9, 2019.

Mr Elliston was described by his father as a "bright and intelligent boy" at the inquest at Suffolk Coroner's court yesterday.

It was his sister, May Elliston, who went to visit the flat in Lyndhurst Road after Molly Diwell, his girlfriend, had called her with concerns for his welfare.

You may also want to watch:

His family said that he had been taking recreational drugs from the age of 16 and had already suffered one overdose, as well as taking prescription medication for his mental health.

In a statement from his doctor, Suffolk Coroner's court heard that Mr Elliston suffered anxiety and depression throughout the later years of his life and had struggled to maintain friendships and relationships.

He 'didn't see the point' of them and felt very self conscious around other people, feeling more comfortable alone.

The cause of death was found to be an accidental overdose.

Stephen Elliston, his father, is now keen for people to understand the dangers of mixing both prescription and recreational drugs.

Need to talk? Contact the Samaritans on 116 123 or email jo@samaritans.org

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad. Coronavirus is one of the greatest challenges our community has ever faced, but if we all play our part we will defeat it. We're here to serve as your advocate and trusted source of local information.

In these testing times, your support is more important than ever. Thank you.

Most Read

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Most Read

Latest from the Lowestoft Journal