Lowestoft bus involved in fatal crash
A WOMAN has died and 13 people left injured after a crash between a car and a double decker bus.The accident, which involved a First Eastern Counties bus travelling on the X1 route between Lowestoft and Peterborough, happened at 11.10am on the A47 at Thorney near Peterborough.
A WOMAN has died and 13 people left injured after a crash between a car and a double decker bus.
The accident, which involved a First Eastern Counties bus travelling on the X1 route between Lowestoft and Peterborough, happened at 11.10am on the A47 at Thorney near Peterborough.
The road is closed in both directions from the Eye roundabout to the Guyhirn roundabout, with diversions in place.
Police, ambulance, air ambulance and fire crews are all in attendance. It is believed that the bus hit a tree.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the ambulance service said there was one fatality, who it is thought died at the scene, and a woman had been taken by air ambulance to Addenbrooke's Hospital with a fractured pelvis.
'This was a well attended incident with fire and police on the scene, six ambulances and both air ambulances and two senior officers,' she said.
- 1 Junction closed for third crossing preparations
- 2 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 3 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 4 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 5 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 6 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 7 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 8 Missing man found safe and well
- 9 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 10 Police concerned for welfare of missing man
'There were six walking wounded with various injuries taken to Peterborough Hospital and a further person was collared and boarded with a suspected back and neck injury.'
Five more patients were treated at the scene but not taken to hospital.