Lowestoft bus involved in fatal crash
A WOMAN has died and 13 people left injured after a crash between a car and a double decker bus.The accident, which involved a First Eastern Counties bus travelling on the X1 route between Lowestoft and Peterborough, happened at 11.10am on the A47 at Thorney near Peterborough.
A WOMAN has died and 13 people left injured after a crash between a car and a double decker bus.
The accident, which involved a First Eastern Counties bus travelling on the X1 route between Lowestoft and Peterborough, happened at 11.10am on the A47 at Thorney near Peterborough.
The road is closed in both directions from the Eye roundabout to the Guyhirn roundabout, with diversions in place.
Police, ambulance, air ambulance and fire crews are all in attendance. It is believed that the bus hit a tree.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the ambulance service said there was one fatality, who it is thought died at the scene, and a woman had been taken by air ambulance to Addenbrooke's Hospital with a fractured pelvis.
'This was a well attended incident with fire and police on the scene, six ambulances and both air ambulances and two senior officers,' she said.
- 1 Flames and spectacular laser lights illuminate skies over pier
- 2 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 3 People stranded on sandspit spark emergency response
- 4 Vandals rip off car wing mirrors in Lowestoft street
- 5 Vacancy on town council after resignation
- 6 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 7 Fourth place for Giarnni and GB quartet in team gymnastics Olympic final
- 8 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 9 Joy and relief as Latitude passes off successfully
- 10 Lorry in collision with a tree near Halesworth
'There were six walking wounded with various injuries taken to Peterborough Hospital and a further person was collared and boarded with a suspected back and neck injury.'
Five more patients were treated at the scene but not taken to hospital.