Lowestoft: Call to support open day
A CALL to the community has today gone out as a special open day is held next week.With the Waveney Community Forum taking over the running of the Kirkley Centre, in London Road South, people are being encouraged to have their say on what they would like to see happening at the revamped building.
A CALL to the community has today gone out as a special open day is held next week.
With the Waveney Community Forum taking over the running of the Kirkley Centre, in London Road South, people are being encouraged to have their say on what they would like to see happening at the revamped building.
The �1.2m resource centre, which rose from the rubble of the old swimming pool and Grand Cinema, is looking forward to a brighter future after Waveney District Council's cabinet approved that the charity could take over the running of the facility.
And on Thursday, next week, residents, businesses and community groups are being invited to attend the open day which takes place between 1.30pm to 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
'The centre will be run and managed by the forum', said Martyn Burnside, chief officer for the Waveney Community Forum. 'We think the Kirkley Centre should be a well-used and valued part of the local community. We want to make it the place people go, to get information, advice, training, and find out about what's happening locally.'
Project manager Julia Miller said: 'We're expecting to build and expand on what is already there.'
- 1 Woman in 60s taken to hospital following collision
- 2 Drivers face diversions as bridge set for overnight closures
- 3 Man to be sentenced for drugs charges told jail is 'almost inevitable'
- 4 Boat trip firm hopes to move launches to Heritage Quay
- 5 Films to be screened across district as silent outdoor cinema launches
- 6 Lowestoft primary school's long-serving midday supervisor hailed after retirement
- 7 Locked mountain bikes stolen from cycle rack outside supermarket
- 8 Lowestoft boxer Charley Davison’s Olympic medal chase - how it could unfold
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of murder in Gorleston is released on bail
- 10 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
She added that Point1Learning, which is run by Lowestoft College, will continue to operate at the centre.
For information about the open day or the forum, call 01502 582201 or visit www.waveneycf.org.uk