Lowestoft: Call to support open day
A CALL to the community has today gone out as a special open day is held next week.With the Waveney Community Forum taking over the running of the Kirkley Centre, in London Road South, people are being encouraged to have their say on what they would like to see happening at the revamped building.
A CALL to the community has today gone out as a special open day is held next week.
With the Waveney Community Forum taking over the running of the Kirkley Centre, in London Road South, people are being encouraged to have their say on what they would like to see happening at the revamped building.
The �1.2m resource centre, which rose from the rubble of the old swimming pool and Grand Cinema, is looking forward to a brighter future after Waveney District Council's cabinet approved that the charity could take over the running of the facility.
And on Thursday, next week, residents, businesses and community groups are being invited to attend the open day which takes place between 1.30pm to 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
'The centre will be run and managed by the forum', said Martyn Burnside, chief officer for the Waveney Community Forum. 'We think the Kirkley Centre should be a well-used and valued part of the local community. We want to make it the place people go, to get information, advice, training, and find out about what's happening locally.'
Project manager Julia Miller said: 'We're expecting to build and expand on what is already there.'
- 1 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 2 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 3 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 4 Minke whale to be removed from Lowestoft beach
- 5 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 6 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 7 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 8 Free scooter hire in town for those getting Covid vaccinations
- 9 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain
- 10 Covid infection rate in Ipswich continues to fall below England average
She added that Point1Learning, which is run by Lowestoft College, will continue to operate at the centre.
For information about the open day or the forum, call 01502 582201 or visit www.waveneycf.org.uk