Lowestoft: Call to support open day
A CALL to the community has today gone out as a special open day is held next week.With the Waveney Community Forum taking over the running of the Kirkley Centre, in London Road South, people are being encouraged to have their say on what they would like to see happening at the revamped building.
A CALL to the community has today gone out as a special open day is held next week.
With the Waveney Community Forum taking over the running of the Kirkley Centre, in London Road South, people are being encouraged to have their say on what they would like to see happening at the revamped building.
The �1.2m resource centre, which rose from the rubble of the old swimming pool and Grand Cinema, is looking forward to a brighter future after Waveney District Council's cabinet approved that the charity could take over the running of the facility.
And on Thursday, next week, residents, businesses and community groups are being invited to attend the open day which takes place between 1.30pm to 7pm.
'The centre will be run and managed by the forum', said Martyn Burnside, chief officer for the Waveney Community Forum. 'We think the Kirkley Centre should be a well-used and valued part of the local community. We want to make it the place people go, to get information, advice, training, and find out about what's happening locally.'
Project manager Julia Miller said: 'We're expecting to build and expand on what is already there.'
- 1 Coastal wreckage scuba diving club searching for new members
- 2 Restaurant owner 'optimistic' for future after Christmas cancellations
- 3 'Don't suffer in silence': Support on offer as UK heads for inflation spike
- 4 New homes and retail unit bid for vacant former Tesco store
- 5 Man arrested in Lowestoft after stop and search finds cannabis and cash
- 6 Road rage incident sees van driver run over by car
- 7 Woman shot by pellet gun when leaving Lowestoft shop
- 8 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 9 Lowestoft man battling back after prostate cancer diagnosis
- 10 Holocaust memorial ceremony to be held at town's rail station
She added that Point1Learning, which is run by Lowestoft College, will continue to operate at the centre.
For information about the open day or the forum, call 01502 582201 or visit www.waveneycf.org.uk