Lowestoft: Call to support open day
A CALL to the community has today gone out as a special open day is held next week.With the Waveney Community Forum taking over the running of the Kirkley Centre, in London Road South, people are being encouraged to have their say on what they would like to see happening at the revamped building.
A CALL to the community has today gone out as a special open day is held next week.
With the Waveney Community Forum taking over the running of the Kirkley Centre, in London Road South, people are being encouraged to have their say on what they would like to see happening at the revamped building.
The �1.2m resource centre, which rose from the rubble of the old swimming pool and Grand Cinema, is looking forward to a brighter future after Waveney District Council's cabinet approved that the charity could take over the running of the facility.
And on Thursday, next week, residents, businesses and community groups are being invited to attend the open day which takes place between 1.30pm to 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
'The centre will be run and managed by the forum', said Martyn Burnside, chief officer for the Waveney Community Forum. 'We think the Kirkley Centre should be a well-used and valued part of the local community. We want to make it the place people go, to get information, advice, training, and find out about what's happening locally.'
Project manager Julia Miller said: 'We're expecting to build and expand on what is already there.'
- 1 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 2 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week
- 3 University joy for Lowestoft Sixth Form students
- 4 Repair works to be carried out along Lowestoft north Denes
- 5 Hunt continues for Mercedes driver who crashed into homes in Lowestoft
- 6 Trio 'released under investigation' following arrests outside petrol station
- 7 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 8 How visiting restrictions are easing at Norfolk's hospitals
- 9 'A redevelopment opportunity' - Empty town centre shop and maisonette set for auction
- 10 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
She added that Point1Learning, which is run by Lowestoft College, will continue to operate at the centre.
For information about the open day or the forum, call 01502 582201 or visit www.waveneycf.org.uk