Harleston House care home organise successful community tea dance
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a specialist dementia care home in Lowestoft held a community tea dance for residents, relatives and locals.
The activities team at Harleston House, in Lowestoft, is always looking for new ways to link the home's residents to the community.
And after residents had recently spoken about how they used to enjoy going to dances in days gone by, a tea dance was organised for the residents and their relatives to enjoy together.
The tea dance for residents, their family and friends was held at Trinity Methodist Church in Lowestoft with West End trio The Spinettes entertaining.
A Harleston Hpuse spokesman said: 'A lovely afternoon was had by all and it has given us a taste of what the residents past was like when they went out for a tea dance.'
You may also want to watch:
Event organiser Gareth Harding said: 'What a lovely afternoon we have all shared together. Thank you to resident Marcella Bird for being the inspiration in putting on this event'.
- 1 Hotels launch search for more than 20 new staff members
- 2 Lowestoft man fined £2,000 for noise offences after warning
- 3 New restaurant offering 'finest Asian cuisine' opens in Lowestoft
- 4 School sites targeted as vandals cause damage across Lowestoft
- 5 New coffee shop transforms empty kiosk in north Lowestoft
- 6 Bomb disposal unit detonate device found on beach
- 7 New operator to be unveiled for Lowestoft pavilion regeneration
- 8 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 9 National recognition as care home 'heroes' are honoured
- 10 Vulnerable man abused by group of youths in Lowestoft