Harleston House care home organise successful community tea dance
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a specialist dementia care home in Lowestoft held a community tea dance for residents, relatives and locals.
The activities team at Harleston House, in Lowestoft, is always looking for new ways to link the home's residents to the community.
And after residents had recently spoken about how they used to enjoy going to dances in days gone by, a tea dance was organised for the residents and their relatives to enjoy together.
The tea dance for residents, their family and friends was held at Trinity Methodist Church in Lowestoft with West End trio The Spinettes entertaining.
A Harleston Hpuse spokesman said: 'A lovely afternoon was had by all and it has given us a taste of what the residents past was like when they went out for a tea dance.'
You may also want to watch:
Event organiser Gareth Harding said: 'What a lovely afternoon we have all shared together. Thank you to resident Marcella Bird for being the inspiration in putting on this event'.
- 1 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 2 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 3 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 4 Warning after man duped into paying £300 to 'forceful' rogue traders
- 5 Two Lowestoft recycling rounds costing £50,000 in contaminated waste
- 6 Sadness at latest Lowestoft town centre store closure
- 7 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 8 'Life and soul of the party': Lowestoft pub boss remembered
- 9 Three men arrested after van targeted in break-in
- 10 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree