Lowestoft Carnival events to commence
ORGANISERS of the annual Lowestoft Carnival are busy finalising plans for a bumper week of events.On Sunday week the parade will take centre stage as it winds its way through the town for the grand procession.
ORGANISERS of the annual Lowestoft Carnival are busy finalising plans for a bumper week of events.
On Sunday week the parade will take centre stage as it winds its way through the town for the grand procession.
But before then, organisers from the Friends of Lowestoft Hospital have promised an action-packed line-up of events.
A traditional Lowestoft Hospital fete with stalls, barbecue and refreshments will take place at the town's hospital in Tennyson Road at 1pm tomorrow. (Saturday Aug 1).
You may also want to watch:
From 10.30am on Sunday, Lowestoft model boat club's carnival model boat regatta takes to the water in Kensington Gardens. Children should head for Royal Green, Lowestoft next Thursday from 10.30am to 3.30pm for a special fun day. Admission is free, and the day includes dog agility displays, a fancy dress competition, children's sports, a mascot race, a sandcastle competition, as well as balloon modelling, Tumble Tots, charity and craft stalls.
A carnival fishing match, arranged by the Lowestoft Sea Angling Society, casts off from the South Pier at 7pm next Friday.
- 1 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 2 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 3 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 4 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 5 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 6 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 7 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 8 How businesses which opened in lockdown are doing now
- 9 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 10 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
Two carnival marching bands from the South Midlands return to Royal Green on Saturday for a music event called Bands on the Green. The event, which runs from 12.30pm to 4.30pm, also features belly dancers, Lowestoft Signing Choir, Southwold Corps of Pipes and Drums and the Waveney Valley brass ensemble.
The bowling greens at Lowestoft Railway Bowls Club, in Carlton Road, will see competitors battle it out in a tournament on Carnival Sunday. But taking centre stage, about 35 entries have already been received for the parade as well as six marching bands.
The theme of this year's parade is dance and any last minute entries are still welcomed.
Led by the recently crowned Lowestoft Journal Carnival Queen Jade Searby and her attendants Aneliese Rix and Chloe Smithson, the procession will start at 3pm and will weave its way from Kirkley Park Road, along London Road South, over the bridge before finishing at the Katwijk Way/Gordon Road roundabout.
Anyone interested in joining the parade, helping as a steward or bringing a stall to the events on Royal Green should call 01502 563847.