Lowestoft centenarian May says Olay face cream is the secret to looking young
- Credit: copyright ARCHANT 2017
A Lowestoft care home resident celebrating her 100th birthday says Olay face cream keeps her looking young.
May Duckworth lives at Squirrel Lodge in London Road South, but grew up in Rochdale, Lancashire.
She married bricklayer Joe Duckworth in 1938, and he was called up to serve in the army during the Second World War.
During the war, Mrs Duckworth's house was bombed and she moved to nearby Heywood to live with her husband's family.
She worked as a winder in the cotton mills, for the Air Ministry during the war, in a fish shop and then at Boots warehouse until she retired.
You may also want to watch:
Her husband died in 1992, aged 75, while on holiday in Spain. Mrs Duckworth was a keen flower arranger at her local church and loved to bake, particularly coconut loaves, which her family said she would readily give to anyone who wanted one.
Mrs Duckworth moved to Lowestoft in 2014 to be nearer her daughter and son-in-law, Audrey and Pete Dawson and has lived at Squirrel Lodge since 2015.
- 1 Scheme unveiled for former pub and butchers on town's High Street
- 2 Lowestoft man kicked victim in head as he lay on the ground
- 3 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 4 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 5 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft
- 6 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 7 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 8 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 9 Beccles' first post-pandemic charity ride is a success
- 10 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
She has one daughter, three grandchildren and four great grandchildren and celebrated the milestone birthday with a party attended by friends and family from as far away as Australia.