Lowestoft centenarian May says Olay face cream is the secret to looking young
- Credit: copyright ARCHANT 2017
A Lowestoft care home resident celebrating her 100th birthday says Olay face cream keeps her looking young.
May Duckworth lives at Squirrel Lodge in London Road South, but grew up in Rochdale, Lancashire.
She married bricklayer Joe Duckworth in 1938, and he was called up to serve in the army during the Second World War.
During the war, Mrs Duckworth's house was bombed and she moved to nearby Heywood to live with her husband's family.
She worked as a winder in the cotton mills, for the Air Ministry during the war, in a fish shop and then at Boots warehouse until she retired.
You may also want to watch:
Her husband died in 1992, aged 75, while on holiday in Spain. Mrs Duckworth was a keen flower arranger at her local church and loved to bake, particularly coconut loaves, which her family said she would readily give to anyone who wanted one.
Mrs Duckworth moved to Lowestoft in 2014 to be nearer her daughter and son-in-law, Audrey and Pete Dawson and has lived at Squirrel Lodge since 2015.
- 1 Woman punches man on doorstep and snatches his mobile phone
- 2 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 3 CCTV shows moment father who died was restrained by Pontins security staff
- 4 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 5 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 6 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 7 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 8 Police officers could lose jobs over father's holiday park death
- 9 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
- 10 Friends and family raise £15,000 for father with rare cancer
She has one daughter, three grandchildren and four great grandchildren and celebrated the milestone birthday with a party attended by friends and family from as far away as Australia.