Lowestoft centre supports young people’s career goals
- Credit: Nick Butcher
An education centre in Lowestoft which aims to help kick-start new careers held a successful open day.
Active Development Foundation set up a new facility at Barnards Soccer Centre in Lowestoft last September to highlight alternative educational routes, such as apprenticeships in sports coaching, sports leisure, business administration, social media and marketing and outdoor adventure.
About 70 people came to the open day at the Active Development Foundation (ADF) Education Centre, with a spokesman saying there were 30 new potential students.
'We had a football freestyler come down and show off some skills down there too,' the spokesman said.
'It was the chance to get our name into the community, as we have opportunities for locals to exercise and get fit with us, through forms of football and gym work.'
You may also want to watch:
And this week the centre also held trials for its football scholarship programme, which leads onto a BTEC qualification.
'This is where the players can be selected and another open event is likely to be help in April, at a date to be confirmed,' the spokesman added.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 4 Local elections 2021: Green gains and Conservative majority in east Suffolk
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 7 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 9 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 10 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
'A girls scholarship trial event is likely to be held at Easter.'
? Have you got a Lowestoft story? Email email@example.com