Lowestoft changing its image
I UNDERSTAND Lowestoft is trying to change the image as a resort. As a regular visitor I always enjoy my visit. It has a fabulous beach which is kept clean and well maintained beach huts and seats.
I UNDERSTAND Lowestoft is trying to change the image as a resort.
As a regular visitor I always enjoy my visit. It has a fabulous beach which is kept clean and well maintained beach huts and seats. However, I would like to see some changes.
The promenade is spoilt by those awful lights. They should be replaced with Victorian style lamps.
The end of the Claremont Pier is a disgrace. Although it is in private hands money should be found to restore it as soon as possible before it falls into the sea. This would enable pleasure craft to call and this would be a big tourist attraction bringing in a lot more people to the resort just like the pier owners have done in Southwold.
You may also want to watch:
I also believe something should be done to the South Pier with all that space behind the amusements. It could be made a lot more attractive with some seats and kiosks. As the walls are very high something like a viewing tower would be ideal.
The town looks nice and it has a first class theatre.
- 1 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 2 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 3 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 5 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 6 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 7 NessFest to return to Lowestoft with free events all week
- 8 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 9 Man on walking tour of UK's coastline 'met with so much love' in Suffolk
- 10 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
I understand the council want a rail and bus interchange. If this happens, the present rail buildings should be retained and restored to be let and it would be wrong to move the station back.
Now with global warming a lot more could be done to attract people to the resort out of season.