Fundraising event to boost training vessel
- Credit: Archant
A Lowestoft charity, which is raising funds for the refurbishment of a former lifeboat, will hold a special event next weekend.
The 50001 Youth Training Trust has organised a Burns Night Supper at the Ivy House Country Hotel in Oulton Broad.
This charity fundraising event – which includes a five course meal, auction, raffle and live music – takes place from 6.30pm on Saturday, January 27.
The trust owns and aims to preserve and operate the historic Lowestoft built ex-RNLI lifeboat 'Rotary Service' as a training vessel. The former lifeboat is currently being transformed as a youth training vessel for 12 to 25-year-olds to learn maritime skills.
With all proceeds raised boosting the trust, tickets cost £37.50, and are available via 01502 217173 or email email@example.com
You may also want to watch:
Are you organising an event in Lowestoft? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01052 525820.
- 1 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 2 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 3 Junction closed for third crossing preparations
- 4 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 5 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 6 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 7 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 8 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 9 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 10 Snow falls in Suffolk and north Essex