Fundraising event to boost training vessel
- Credit: Archant
A Lowestoft charity, which is raising funds for the refurbishment of a former lifeboat, will hold a special event next weekend.
The 50001 Youth Training Trust has organised a Burns Night Supper at the Ivy House Country Hotel in Oulton Broad.
This charity fundraising event – which includes a five course meal, auction, raffle and live music – takes place from 6.30pm on Saturday, January 27.
The trust owns and aims to preserve and operate the historic Lowestoft built ex-RNLI lifeboat 'Rotary Service' as a training vessel. The former lifeboat is currently being transformed as a youth training vessel for 12 to 25-year-olds to learn maritime skills.
With all proceeds raised boosting the trust, tickets cost £37.50, and are available via 01502 217173 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also want to watch:
Are you organising an event in Lowestoft? Email email@example.com or call 01052 525820.
- 1 Covid infection rate in Ipswich continues to fall below England average
- 2 Acting headteacher thrilled as school delivers community help
- 3 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 4 WATCH: Therese Coffey 'walks out' of Piers Morgan interview on GMB
- 5 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 6 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 7 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 8 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain
- 9 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 10 Pressure grows for fixed date for schools to re-open