Fundraising event to boost training vessel
- Credit: Archant
A Lowestoft charity, which is raising funds for the refurbishment of a former lifeboat, will hold a special event next weekend.
The 50001 Youth Training Trust has organised a Burns Night Supper at the Ivy House Country Hotel in Oulton Broad.
This charity fundraising event – which includes a five course meal, auction, raffle and live music – takes place from 6.30pm on Saturday, January 27.
The trust owns and aims to preserve and operate the historic Lowestoft built ex-RNLI lifeboat 'Rotary Service' as a training vessel. The former lifeboat is currently being transformed as a youth training vessel for 12 to 25-year-olds to learn maritime skills.
With all proceeds raised boosting the trust, tickets cost £37.50, and are available via 01502 217173 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also want to watch:
Are you organising an event in Lowestoft? Email email@example.com or call 01052 525820.
- 1 Lowestoft man kicked victim in head as he lay on the ground
- 2 Scheme unveiled for former pub and butchers on town's High Street
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man in 30s suffers emergency in Kessingland
- 4 Why a strange light was seen flying over Lowestoft
- 5 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 6 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 7 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft
- 8 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 9 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 10 School hails success of open evening as families return to the classroom