Fundraising event to boost training vessel
- Credit: Archant
A Lowestoft charity, which is raising funds for the refurbishment of a former lifeboat, will hold a special event next weekend.
The 50001 Youth Training Trust has organised a Burns Night Supper at the Ivy House Country Hotel in Oulton Broad.
This charity fundraising event – which includes a five course meal, auction, raffle and live music – takes place from 6.30pm on Saturday, January 27.
The trust owns and aims to preserve and operate the historic Lowestoft built ex-RNLI lifeboat 'Rotary Service' as a training vessel. The former lifeboat is currently being transformed as a youth training vessel for 12 to 25-year-olds to learn maritime skills.
With all proceeds raised boosting the trust, tickets cost £37.50, and are available via 01502 217173 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also want to watch:
Are you organising an event in Lowestoft? Email email@example.com or call 01052 525820.
- 1 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 2 Woman punches man on doorstep and snatches his mobile phone
- 3 Friends and family raise £15,000 for father with rare cancer
- 4 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 5 Joy as pub prepares to reopen for first time since September
- 6 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 7 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 8 'Fantastic' - excitement from businesses ahead of May 17 changes
- 9 CCTV shows moment father who died was restrained by Pontins security staff
- 10 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment