Lowestoft charity quiz night raises more than £1,000 for Age UK
- Credit: Archant
An esteemed news presenter helped raise more than £1,000 for charity by hosting a Lowestoft quiz night.
Bill Turnbull, took on the role of 'quiz master extraordinaire' for Tick Solutions' Quiz Night in aid of Age UK Suffolk, on Thursday, September 28.
Diana Archer, of Tick Solutions, said: 'Bill made the evening, he was highly entertaining and an excellent quiz master and we are very grateful for his support.'
Teams answered questions on a plethora of subjects but in the end it was 'Norton Peskett Nonchalance' who emerged victorious.
The evening ended with the auctioning off of two tickets to October's Ipswich Town vs Norwich FC bringing the total money raise to £1,427.
You may also want to watch:
The quiz night proved so successful organisers have decided to hold the event annually, with Mr Turnbull already booked to return.
To book tickets for next years event contact Tick Solutions on 01502 533363 or visit www.ticksolutionsltd.co.uk
- 1 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
- 2 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
- 3 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 4 Empty town centre shop sells at auction
- 5 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 6 Firefighters rescue kittiwake caught in controversial netting
- 7 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
- 8 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 9 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days
- 10 New faces announced for town councils after election votes counted