Lowestoft charity quiz night raises more than £1,000 for Age UK
- Credit: Archant
An esteemed news presenter helped raise more than £1,000 for charity by hosting a Lowestoft quiz night.
Bill Turnbull, took on the role of 'quiz master extraordinaire' for Tick Solutions' Quiz Night in aid of Age UK Suffolk, on Thursday, September 28.
Diana Archer, of Tick Solutions, said: 'Bill made the evening, he was highly entertaining and an excellent quiz master and we are very grateful for his support.'
Teams answered questions on a plethora of subjects but in the end it was 'Norton Peskett Nonchalance' who emerged victorious.
The evening ended with the auctioning off of two tickets to October's Ipswich Town vs Norwich FC bringing the total money raise to £1,427.
You may also want to watch:
The quiz night proved so successful organisers have decided to hold the event annually, with Mr Turnbull already booked to return.
To book tickets for next years event contact Tick Solutions on 01502 533363 or visit www.ticksolutionsltd.co.uk
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 4 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 5 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 6 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 7 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 8 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 9 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 10 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park