Lowestoft charity quiz night raises more than £1,000 for Age UK
- Credit: Archant
An esteemed news presenter helped raise more than £1,000 for charity by hosting a Lowestoft quiz night.
Bill Turnbull, took on the role of 'quiz master extraordinaire' for Tick Solutions' Quiz Night in aid of Age UK Suffolk, on Thursday, September 28.
Diana Archer, of Tick Solutions, said: 'Bill made the evening, he was highly entertaining and an excellent quiz master and we are very grateful for his support.'
Teams answered questions on a plethora of subjects but in the end it was 'Norton Peskett Nonchalance' who emerged victorious.
The evening ended with the auctioning off of two tickets to October's Ipswich Town vs Norwich FC bringing the total money raise to £1,427.
You may also want to watch:
The quiz night proved so successful organisers have decided to hold the event annually, with Mr Turnbull already booked to return.
To book tickets for next years event contact Tick Solutions on 01502 533363 or visit www.ticksolutionsltd.co.uk
- 1 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 2 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 3 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 4 Suffolk-built boats relive glory days on Oulton Broad
- 5 Latitude Festival 2021: Supergrass kicks off sunny second day
- 6 Iconic hospital likely to be sold to private developer
- 7 Chemical Brothers review: Sensory overload stuns Latitude crowd
- 8 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 9 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 10 Bouncing back: The perfect place in Lowestoft for a sunny day out