Lowestoft Christian Men's Network
A planning meeting took place recently to consider the events that had taken place earlier this year, and to plan for the future.A small group attended the London Men's Convention, alongside several thousands of men at the ExCel Centre in Docklands, London for worship, teaching and fellowship.
A planning meeting took place recently to consider the events that had taken place earlier this year, and to plan for the future.
A small group attended the London Men's Convention, alongside several thousands of men at the ExCel Centre in Docklands, London for worship, teaching and fellowship. It is planned to promote this event harder in 2010 to attract a larger group.
The next men's breakfast has been arranged for June 20, 7.45am for 8am start, at the Lowestoft Waterlane Leisure Centre. The speaker will be Andy Dorning, the project manager from DreamworX, an organisation addressing and helping the youth of the land. The talk will be about helping the youth of Lowestoft, and explaining how DreamworX works, assisted by local churches.
A summer event is to be on Friday, August 7. Further details later. Please book the date.
You may also want to watch:
A brainstorming session was held to identify new ideas to attract, not only our traditional support, but a younger element.
During the second half of 2009 there will be: further men's breakfasts (provisionally booked for September 5 and November 28; joining-in other type of men's events eg sporting/physical activities for younger men; support for Lowestoft Living Word Convention at LRBC between October 19 and 22.
- 1 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 2 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 3 Junction closed for third crossing preparations
- 4 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 5 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 6 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 7 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 8 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 9 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 10 Missing man found safe and well