Lowestoft churches join together for summer songs of praise
- Credit: Archant
Worshippers of all denominations gathered together at a Lowestoft church for a special summer songs of praise.
Organised by Christians Together in Lowestoft and District, around 60 people met at All Saints' and St Margaret's Church in Pakefield.
Christians Together chairman, the Rev Robert Soanes, organised the event, and said: 'It's important for people of different churches to come and sing together and praise God together.
'These events are really important.
'Churches can be in danger of doing their own thing but we are all Christians and it's good to come together - and Christians do like to have a good sing!
You may also want to watch:
'The object is just for people to come and worship together. We really want to bring people into the church.'
During the service on Sunday, July 12, there were modern and traditional hymns as well as readings and group and individual prayer, accompanied by organist Terry Hepworth.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 2 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 3 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 4 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 5 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 6 Campers arrive 'back in paradise' at sold-out Latitude Festival
- 7 O2 phone store burglars facing jail terms for break-in
- 8 Joy as CityFibre backs Lowestoft landmark with sponsorship deal
- 9 Sexual misconduct allegations against Suffolk police officers revealed under FoI laws
- 10 'Can’t burst our bubble' - Primary school marks 'incredible' success
Welcoming people to the church as the Wimbledon final got underway, the Rev Bob Baker said everyone could 'concentrate on the Lord', as Andy Murray was not playing.
'The Lord is blessing us here at Pakefield - I hope he is too at your fellowships and churches,' he said.
For more details call Mary Hunt, secretary to Christians Together in Lowestoft and District, on 01502 562301.
Are you organising a community event? Tell The Journal by calling 01502 525820 or email firstname.lastname@example.org