Claire’s store set to close in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
Claire's has announced it is set to close its store in Lowestoft.
In what is another blow to the town centre, the accessories and jewellery retailer has confirmed it will not be renewing the lease on its shop based on London Road North.
Shoppers have just a few days left to make the most of having a Claire's in the town, with the store officially shutting its doors on Saturday, February 2.
A spokesman for Claire's said: 'Our lease was up for renewal and it was decided that we would not renew the lease.
'Our store openings and closures are part of normal business practise and we look into opportunities to improve our store locations and environment. 'The nearest Claire's store will be our Great Yarmouth branch.'
You may also want to watch:
News of the closure comes a matter of days after The Body Shop, located just a few doors down from Claire's, announced it will cease trading in Lowestoft on March 9.
The cosmetics brand said it would be helping members of the store's sales team to find new jobs within the company.
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 3 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 4 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 5 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 6 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 7 How well do you know Lowestoft?
- 8 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 9 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 10 Local recruitment crisis for dentists in east Suffolk
Beales department store will also be shutting by the end of April - but insisted no jobs would be lost.