Claire’s store set to close in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
Claire's has announced it is set to close its store in Lowestoft.
In what is another blow to the town centre, the accessories and jewellery retailer has confirmed it will not be renewing the lease on its shop based on London Road North.
Shoppers have just a few days left to make the most of having a Claire's in the town, with the store officially shutting its doors on Saturday, February 2.
A spokesman for Claire's said: 'Our lease was up for renewal and it was decided that we would not renew the lease.
'Our store openings and closures are part of normal business practise and we look into opportunities to improve our store locations and environment. 'The nearest Claire's store will be our Great Yarmouth branch.'
You may also want to watch:
News of the closure comes a matter of days after The Body Shop, located just a few doors down from Claire's, announced it will cease trading in Lowestoft on March 9.
The cosmetics brand said it would be helping members of the store's sales team to find new jobs within the company.
- 1 'Welcome back!' - Glasses raised as popular pub reopens
- 2 Woman scared to leave her house after being closely followed by man
- 3 Woman punched on the ground after walking crutch was kicked away
- 4 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 5 'A real buzz' hits Lowestoft as lockdown rules ease
- 6 Duo left shaken after youths threw stones and jumped on parked car
- 7 Pub and restaurant group 'looking forward' to re-opening popular venues
- 8 Emergency works cause early morning traffic chaos on A47
- 9 'Innovative' new street light sparks interest on the coast
- 10 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son
Beales department store will also be shutting by the end of April - but insisted no jobs would be lost.