Coastguard team called to help man who fell from boat in harbour
- Credit: Archant
Coastguard rescue officers were called to Southwold to rescue a man who sustained injuries after falling from a boat.
The Lowestoft Coastguard Rescue Team were paged to reports that a man had fallen off a moored boat in the harbour on Saturday, July 7, just after 8pm, and had been recovered from the water.
The team met with the ambulance service and assisted in stabilising the casualty and helping to treat his injuries.
Once he was stabilised, the team then helped the man off the vessel which was moored alongside another boat and into the waiting ambulance.
Just a few hours later, the team were called back to Southwold Harbour just before 11pm to meet the Aldeburgh Lifeboat crew who were towing in a broken down vessel.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: 'The team assisted in mooring of the vessel and checked the welfare of the occupants on-board. All was well with the person on-board and repairs were going to be completed before leaving harbour again.'
- 1 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 2 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 3 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 4 Warning after man duped into paying £300 to 'forceful' rogue traders
- 5 Two Lowestoft recycling rounds costing £50,000 in contaminated waste
- 6 Sadness at latest Lowestoft town centre store closure
- 7 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 8 'Life and soul of the party': Lowestoft pub boss remembered
- 9 Three men arrested after van targeted in break-in
- 10 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree