Lowestoft company bucks economic trend
LOWESTOFT-based Hoseasons is bucking the economic trend and expanding its call centre as the company benefits from the UK tourism boom. The holiday operator is set to recruit about 15 new staff in the next few weeks to meet increased demand from consumers and travel agents.
LOWESTOFT-based Hoseasons is bucking the economic trend and expanding its call centre as the company benefits from the UK tourism boom.
The holiday operator is set to recruit about 15 new staff in the next few weeks to meet increased demand from consumers and travel agents.
Hoseasons is reporting record business through its call centre, with more than 3,000 calls being received on its busiest days, despite record levels of bookings being taken via its website.
'2009 looks like being a very good year for us,' said Hoseasons chief executive Richard Carrick, left.
You may also want to watch:
'The combination of uncertain economic times and a weak currency means that many Britons are rediscovering the exceptional value and high quality of holidaying in the UK.
'We have worked hard over the past few years to ensure that we have the right portfolio of products to meet the demands of today's holidaymakers, which means we are well placed to take advantage of the increase in families choosing to take their holidays in the UK in 2009.'
- 1 Charred remains show aftermath of fire at children's play area
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: Arsonist, burglar and drug dealer all behind bars
- 3 Investigations continue after drugs seized during raid
- 4 Cooler conditions keep crowds away from east coast
- 5 Man dies following collision on A12
- 6 17-year-old boy missing for more than a month found
- 7 Roads closed and traffic diverted for pothole repairs
- 8 Coronavirus jabs rolled out to people aged 56 to 59
- 9 Fire damages children's play area in Lowestoft
- 10 'Foolish' - Landowner could face prosecution after drilling into trees
The company currently employs 250 staff at its Raglan Road headquarters.
More than a million Britons go on holiday with the company every year.