Lowestoft company bucks economic trend
LOWESTOFT-based Hoseasons is bucking the economic trend and expanding its call centre as the company benefits from the UK tourism boom. The holiday operator is set to recruit about 15 new staff in the next few weeks to meet increased demand from consumers and travel agents.
LOWESTOFT-based Hoseasons is bucking the economic trend and expanding its call centre as the company benefits from the UK tourism boom.
The holiday operator is set to recruit about 15 new staff in the next few weeks to meet increased demand from consumers and travel agents.
Hoseasons is reporting record business through its call centre, with more than 3,000 calls being received on its busiest days, despite record levels of bookings being taken via its website.
'2009 looks like being a very good year for us,' said Hoseasons chief executive Richard Carrick, left.
You may also want to watch:
'The combination of uncertain economic times and a weak currency means that many Britons are rediscovering the exceptional value and high quality of holidaying in the UK.
'We have worked hard over the past few years to ensure that we have the right portfolio of products to meet the demands of today's holidaymakers, which means we are well placed to take advantage of the increase in families choosing to take their holidays in the UK in 2009.'
- 1 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 2 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 3 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 4 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 5 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 6 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 7 North Suffolk road to close with traffic diverted for gully repairs
- 8 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
The company currently employs 250 staff at its Raglan Road headquarters.
More than a million Britons go on holiday with the company every year.