Lowestoft company bucks economic trend
LOWESTOFT-based Hoseasons is bucking the economic trend and expanding its call centre as the company benefits from the UK tourism boom. The holiday operator is set to recruit about 15 new staff in the next few weeks to meet increased demand from consumers and travel agents.
LOWESTOFT-based Hoseasons is bucking the economic trend and expanding its call centre as the company benefits from the UK tourism boom.
The holiday operator is set to recruit about 15 new staff in the next few weeks to meet increased demand from consumers and travel agents.
Hoseasons is reporting record business through its call centre, with more than 3,000 calls being received on its busiest days, despite record levels of bookings being taken via its website.
'2009 looks like being a very good year for us,' said Hoseasons chief executive Richard Carrick, left.
You may also want to watch:
'The combination of uncertain economic times and a weak currency means that many Britons are rediscovering the exceptional value and high quality of holidaying in the UK.
'We have worked hard over the past few years to ensure that we have the right portfolio of products to meet the demands of today's holidaymakers, which means we are well placed to take advantage of the increase in families choosing to take their holidays in the UK in 2009.'
- 1 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 4 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 5 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 7 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 8 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
- 9 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 10 Is Lowestoft becoming 'party central' of the east coast?
The company currently employs 250 staff at its Raglan Road headquarters.
More than a million Britons go on holiday with the company every year.