Company hits £75,000 milestone after 25 years of charity fundraising
- Credit: Archant
The Suffolk branch of a business has helped the company reach a symbolic fundraising milestone.
Witham Oil and Paint, which runs one of its three branches in Lowestoft, has now raised more than £75,000 since hosting its first Annual Charity Dinner Dance 25 years ago.
The company has been hosting the annual dinner dance for employees, customers and suppliers since January 1993 and raises money for charity every year through an auction and raffle.
This year's event generated £4,255 for Arthritis Research UK, British Heart Foundation, Brain Tumour Research, Guide Dogs for the Blind, Leukaemia UK and Lincoln 27th Scout Group.
Nigel R Bottom, Witham Group managing director, said: 'We're extremely proud to know that we have contributed to so many great charities over the years.
You may also want to watch:
'Our teams, customers and suppliers have done a tremendous job and have been very generous raising thousands of pounds that will improve the lives of people across the UK.'
- 1 New shops could be unveiled at prominent former family-run business
- 2 New lease of life with go-ahead for apartments above former McDonalds
- 3 Man jailed after police seize cannabis worth £15,000 from car
- 4 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 5 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
- 6 Jewellery stolen after burglars raid home in Lowestoft
- 7 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 8 Mum's relief at Cawston Park closure after 'hideous' restraint on son
- 9 'Suspicious' sighting in the sea sparks late night response in Lowestoft
- 10 Further overnight works scheduled for A47 with north Lowestoft closure