Company hits £75,000 milestone after 25 years of charity fundraising
- Credit: Archant
The Suffolk branch of a business has helped the company reach a symbolic fundraising milestone.
Witham Oil and Paint, which runs one of its three branches in Lowestoft, has now raised more than £75,000 since hosting its first Annual Charity Dinner Dance 25 years ago.
The company has been hosting the annual dinner dance for employees, customers and suppliers since January 1993 and raises money for charity every year through an auction and raffle.
This year's event generated £4,255 for Arthritis Research UK, British Heart Foundation, Brain Tumour Research, Guide Dogs for the Blind, Leukaemia UK and Lincoln 27th Scout Group.
Nigel R Bottom, Witham Group managing director, said: 'We're extremely proud to know that we have contributed to so many great charities over the years.
You may also want to watch:
'Our teams, customers and suppliers have done a tremendous job and have been very generous raising thousands of pounds that will improve the lives of people across the UK.'
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 2 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 4 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 5 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 6 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 7 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 8 Investigation closed against man who exposed himself in cemetery
- 9 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 10 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend