Lowestoft designer to hit Paris
A LOWESTOFT designer will be taking her prints to one of the world's fashion capitals next year as her studio continues to flourish.Karla-Louise Beer, 23, has had a great deal of success since graduating from Lowestoft College last year, and can now look forward to exhibiting in Paris when she participates in the Unconditional Trade show in October 2010.
A LOWESTOFT designer will be taking her prints to one of the world's fashion capitals next year as her studio continues to flourish.
Karla-Louise Beer, 23, has had a great deal of success since graduating from Lowestoft College last year, and can now look forward to exhibiting in Paris when she participates in the Unconditional Trade show in October 2010.
However, it will not be the first trip to the global fashion centre for Karla-Louise, as she previously won a VIP trip to the Premi�re Vision Global event in Paris, through her studies at the college.
Karla-Louise graduated from Lowestoft College with a BA (Hons) in design crafts and since then has established her print studio in Lowestoft High Street, established the brand Karla-Louise Textiles, been featured in the international design magazine Selvedge, and exhibited in London and in Petworth, in West Sussex.
You may also want to watch:
From her Lowestoft studio, she designs home interiors, accessories and fashion in her own unique, contemporary, quirky style. She launches two collections a year, with her product range including pillows, wallpaper, skirts and silk scarves.
'I've always had creativity flowing through my veins from as early as primary school projects, and I have such passion for design and enjoy the challenges of the design industry,' she said.
- 1 Five new businesses to discover in Lowestoft as lockdown eases
- 2 Sergeant reveals what's in store for new TV show with Suffolk police team
- 3 Police thank public after tracing Lowestoft woman
- 4 Smokehouse to be showcased on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip
- 5 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 6 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 7 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 8 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 9 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week
- 10 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
The ambitious textile print freelance designer is set to launch her own website in November, is also set to exhibit at the Torquay Giving and Living trade show in January, and hopes to expand her studio and showroom.
'My big plan is to be a global successful textile bespoke business, which is why I'm thrilled to be exhibiting in Paris 2010. It gives me a fantastic start,' she said.