Lowestoft diner's immigrants fine threat
A LOWESTOFT restaurant is facing another hefty fine after being caught employing illegal workers for a second time. The China Diner, in High Street, was raided by UK Border Agency officers on Thursday evening.
A LOWESTOFT restaurant is facing another hefty fine after being caught employing illegal workers for a second time.
The China Diner, in High Street, was raided by UK Border Agency officers on Thursday evening.
Four Chinese members of staff were found to be working at the restaurant illegally.
The four - a 23-year-old man who was breaching his student visa, a 43-year-old male failed asylum seeker, a 41-year-old female failed asylum seeker, and a 44-year-old male failed asylum seeker - have all been detained while arrangements are made for their removal from the UK.
You may also want to watch:
The China Diner now faces a fine of up to �40,000 unless it can prove that the correct pre-employment checks were carried out.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 4 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 5 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 6 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 7 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 8 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
- 9 Town's Post Office branch to reopen
- 10 What's opening in Waveney from May 17?