Lowestoft diner's immigrants fine threat
A LOWESTOFT restaurant is facing another hefty fine after being caught employing illegal workers for a second time. The China Diner, in High Street, was raided by UK Border Agency officers on Thursday evening.
A LOWESTOFT restaurant is facing another hefty fine after being caught employing illegal workers for a second time.
The China Diner, in High Street, was raided by UK Border Agency officers on Thursday evening.
Four Chinese members of staff were found to be working at the restaurant illegally.
The four - a 23-year-old man who was breaching his student visa, a 43-year-old male failed asylum seeker, a 41-year-old female failed asylum seeker, and a 44-year-old male failed asylum seeker - have all been detained while arrangements are made for their removal from the UK.
You may also want to watch:
The China Diner now faces a fine of up to �40,000 unless it can prove that the correct pre-employment checks were carried out.
- 1 Centre of Lowestoft is a 'coronavirus hotspot'
- 2 Woman's four stone weight loss success despite global pandemic
- 3 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 4 Man arrested and drugs seized in police raid
- 5 Latest 'R rate' shows coronavirus still spreading in region
- 6 Delays warning as road closed for emergency repairs
- 7 How I became Ralph Fiennes' assistant on Netflix's The Dig
- 8 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 9 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash
- 10 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away