Lowestoft diner's immigrants fine threat
A LOWESTOFT restaurant is facing another hefty fine after being caught employing illegal workers for a second time. The China Diner, in High Street, was raided by UK Border Agency officers on Thursday evening.
A LOWESTOFT restaurant is facing another hefty fine after being caught employing illegal workers for a second time.
The China Diner, in High Street, was raided by UK Border Agency officers on Thursday evening.
Four Chinese members of staff were found to be working at the restaurant illegally.
The four - a 23-year-old man who was breaching his student visa, a 43-year-old male failed asylum seeker, a 41-year-old female failed asylum seeker, and a 44-year-old male failed asylum seeker - have all been detained while arrangements are made for their removal from the UK.
You may also want to watch:
The China Diner now faces a fine of up to �40,000 unless it can prove that the correct pre-employment checks were carried out.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 'Be vigilant' - man's warning after attempted car break-in
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 Driver arrested for third time after drug driving
- 5 Centre of Lowestoft is a 'coronavirus hotspot'
- 6 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 7 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 8 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 9 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?