Lowestoft diner's immigrants fine threat
A LOWESTOFT restaurant is facing another hefty fine after being caught employing illegal workers for a second time. The China Diner, in High Street, was raided by UK Border Agency officers on Thursday evening.
A LOWESTOFT restaurant is facing another hefty fine after being caught employing illegal workers for a second time.
The China Diner, in High Street, was raided by UK Border Agency officers on Thursday evening.
Four Chinese members of staff were found to be working at the restaurant illegally.
The four - a 23-year-old man who was breaching his student visa, a 43-year-old male failed asylum seeker, a 41-year-old female failed asylum seeker, and a 44-year-old male failed asylum seeker - have all been detained while arrangements are made for their removal from the UK.
You may also want to watch:
The China Diner now faces a fine of up to �40,000 unless it can prove that the correct pre-employment checks were carried out.
- 1 Scheme unveiled for former pub and butchers on town's High Street
- 2 Lowestoft man kicked victim in head as he lay on the ground
- 3 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 4 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 5 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft
- 6 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 7 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 8 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 9 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 10 Beccles' first post-pandemic charity ride is a success