Lowestoft diner's immigrants fine threat
A LOWESTOFT restaurant is facing another hefty fine after being caught employing illegal workers for a second time. The China Diner, in High Street, was raided by UK Border Agency officers on Thursday evening.
A LOWESTOFT restaurant is facing another hefty fine after being caught employing illegal workers for a second time.
The China Diner, in High Street, was raided by UK Border Agency officers on Thursday evening.
Four Chinese members of staff were found to be working at the restaurant illegally.
The four - a 23-year-old man who was breaching his student visa, a 43-year-old male failed asylum seeker, a 41-year-old female failed asylum seeker, and a 44-year-old male failed asylum seeker - have all been detained while arrangements are made for their removal from the UK.
The China Diner now faces a fine of up to �40,000 unless it can prove that the correct pre-employment checks were carried out.
- 1 Mum's warning after children almost stung by jellyfish
- 2 Firefighters battle blaze in Lowestoft cliff face
- 3 Drought declared in Suffolk as temperatures set to soar this weekend
- 4 Shock as knife found in Subway tuna sandwich
- 5 'You're not Steve McQueen' - Vehicles reported for anti-social driving
- 6 Lowestoft man died after paramedics mistakenly told he had taken heroin
- 7 ‘Accessible to everyone:' Special party highlights new beach huts
- 8 Where will be the hottest place in Suffolk this weekend?
- 9 5 cheap and free things to do in Suffolk this weekend
- 10 Teenager arrested after girl assaulted during robbery