Lowestoft drug dealer is jailed for five years
- Credit: Archant
A Lowestoft drug dealer who had a stun gun disguised as a mobile phone at his home has been jailed for five years.
The illegal weapon was found by police officers under a cushion on a sofa at Jamie Hill's home in Tedder Road during a drugs raid, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
As well as the stun gun, officers found a can of pepper spray under a double bed in the 24-year-old's bedroom and a quantity of ketamine in a tub in the kitchen, said Jacob Edwards, prosecuting.
During another raid at the address in April, officers found wraps of cannabis and mephedrone.
Hill admitted illegally possessing a stun gun and a can of pepper spray, supplying cannabis, possession of ketamine with intent to supply, possession of mephedrone, possession of cannabis and two offences of possessing criminal property.
You may also want to watch:
Peter Spary, for Hill, said his client had been given the stun gun as a gift by a friend who had bought it in Bulgaria where they were on sale in shops.
He said the electric charge from the gun was not very powerful and Hill and his friends had used it to electrocute each other 'for a laugh'.
- 1 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 2 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 3 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 4 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 5 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 6 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 7 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 8 How businesses which opened in lockdown are doing now
- 9 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 10 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
Mr Spary said Hill had been addicted to cannabis and ketamine and had sold drugs to friends to fund his habit.
He said Hill denied there was a connection between his drug dealing and his possession of the stun gun and pepper spray.
Mr Spary told the crown court Hill was unaware the stun gun he had was an illegal weapon.