Lowestoft drug dealer jailed
A LOWESTOFT drug dealer who tried to flush 34 wraps of heroin down the toilet during a police raid on his flat has been jailed for four years.As officers entered Dean Crabb's Lowestoft flat he was seen to run into a toilet and flush the chain, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
A LOWESTOFT drug dealer who tried to flush 34 wraps of heroin down the toilet during a police raid on his flat has been jailed for four years.
As officers entered Dean Crabb's Lowestoft flat he was seen to run into a toilet and flush the chain, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
An officer outside the flat was alerted by his colleagues and by lifting a drain cover he was able to retrieve a package covered in cling-film which was later found to contain 34 wraps of heroin with a total street value of �150-�180, said Patricia Doggett, prosecuting.
Two months earlier during another raid at Crabb's home officer's found Crabb in the locked toilet and outside they found a man with a �10 note who had been hoping to buy drugs from him.
You may also want to watch:
On that occasion police seized heroin with a street value of �100 from Crabb's flat, said Miss Doggett.
Crabb, 32, of Cleveland Road, Lowestoft admitted two offences of possessing heroin with intent to supply and was jailed for four years less 138 days he has spent on remand.
- 1 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 2 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft
- 3 Minke whale to be removed from Lowestoft beach
- 4 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 5 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 6 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain
- 7 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 8 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 9 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 10 Suzuki and Honda motorbikes stolen in overnight thefts
Juliet Donovan for Crabb said her client had been addicted to alcohol and drugs for some time and had sought help for his drug problem