Two arrested after thousands of pounds worth of cannabis and large sword are seized
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of pounds worth of cannabis and a sword were seized during a drugs raid by a specialised unit.
Suffolk Police's Scorpion Drug Team made the discovery when executing a warrant in Raglan Street, Lowestoft yesterday (Thursday, March 7).
The team took to twitter to show its successful haul and the dangerous weapon it has now taken off the streets.
Scorpion Team tweeted: 'Warrant executed in Lowestoft today by East Scorpion. Thousands of pounds work of cannabis seized . . . but there was a find that had the potential to be even more concerning.'
A Suffolk Police spokesman added: 'Police conducted a warrant at an address on Raglan Street in Lowestoft yesterday afternoon under the Misuse of Drugs Act. Large quantities of cannabis, about £300 in cash and paraphernalia associated with supply located at the premises
You may also want to watch:
'Two people were arrested on suspicion with intent to supply drugs. An 18 year old man and a 21 year old man were taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning. They were subsequently released under investigation.'
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 3 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 5 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 6 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 7 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 8 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 9 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park
- 10 Local recruitment crisis for dentists in east Suffolk