Lowestoft Easter bonnet parade
PROUD parents watched their children take to the stage at Meadow Primary School, Lowestoft, on Wednesday as they paraded their Easter bonnets.Every child was given the task of making their own Easter hat, and each class took their turn to be judged by staff.
PROUD parents watched their children take to the stage at Meadow Primary School, Lowestoft, on Wednesday as they paraded their Easter bonnets.
Every child was given the task of making their own Easter hat, and each class took their turn to be judged by staff.
Some had created elaborate structures using an old hat from home, while others had drawn
their designs on to a template provided by their teachers, using feathers and glitter to make them stand out.
You may also want to watch:
The winner from each form took away an Easter egg before cakes were served and a raffle was drawn.
Head David Clarke said he was impressed by the standard of bonnets that had been produced.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 3 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 4 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 5 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 6 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 7 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 8 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 9 Junction closed for third crossing preparations
- 10 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
The winners were: Mrs Cannon's class, Lewis Reynolds; Miss Curtis's class, Devon Smith; Mrs Overy's class, Natasha Smith; Mr Chipperfield's class, Poppy Marlow; Mrs Gabbitus's class, Eleanor Manning; Mrs Pierpoint's class, Jessica Batista; Mr Coleman's class, Julian Knappett-Brown; Miss George's class, Fabiana Moreira; Mrs Sweeney's class, Lewis Seaman.