Lowestoft Easter bonnet parade
PROUD parents watched their children take to the stage at Meadow Primary School, Lowestoft, on Wednesday as they paraded their Easter bonnets.Every child was given the task of making their own Easter hat, and each class took their turn to be judged by staff.
PROUD parents watched their children take to the stage at Meadow Primary School, Lowestoft, on Wednesday as they paraded their Easter bonnets.
Every child was given the task of making their own Easter hat, and each class took their turn to be judged by staff.
Some had created elaborate structures using an old hat from home, while others had drawn
their designs on to a template provided by their teachers, using feathers and glitter to make them stand out.
You may also want to watch:
The winner from each form took away an Easter egg before cakes were served and a raffle was drawn.
Head David Clarke said he was impressed by the standard of bonnets that had been produced.
- 1 Two Lowestoft recycling rounds costing £50,000 in contaminated waste
- 2 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 3 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 4 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 5 'Life and soul of the party': Lowestoft pub boss remembered
- 6 Sadness at latest Lowestoft town centre store closure
- 7 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree
- 8 Warning after man duped into paying £300 to 'forceful' rogue traders
- 9 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 10 Great-great-grandmother celebrates 101st birthday
The winners were: Mrs Cannon's class, Lewis Reynolds; Miss Curtis's class, Devon Smith; Mrs Overy's class, Natasha Smith; Mr Chipperfield's class, Poppy Marlow; Mrs Gabbitus's class, Eleanor Manning; Mrs Pierpoint's class, Jessica Batista; Mr Coleman's class, Julian Knappett-Brown; Miss George's class, Fabiana Moreira; Mrs Sweeney's class, Lewis Seaman.