Lowestoft factory jobs at risk
Hayley MaceNearly 200 jobs are on the line after a timber company has announced that its Lowestoft factory could close.Jeld Wen has launched a 90-day consultation with staff at its factory on Waveney Drive in Lowestoft to discuss the possible closure of the site, affecting potentially 194 workers.Hayley Mace
Nearly 200 jobs are on the line after a timber company has announced that its Lowestoft factory could close.
Jeld Wen has launched a 90-day consultation with staff at its factory on Waveney Drive in Lowestoft to discuss the possible closure of the site, affecting potentially 194 workers.
A spokesman said that the company's profits have been 'adversely affected by the general economic situation, and in particular the construction industry downturn.'
She said that none of the company's other sites in the UK are affected.
You may also want to watch:
The former Boulton and Paul factory, which makes timber windows, doors and stairs, is part of Jeld Wen, which employs 20,000 people worldwide.
t For the full story, see Saturday's paper.
- 1 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 2 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 3 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 4 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 5 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 6 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 7 North Suffolk road to close with traffic diverted for gully repairs
- 8 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme