Lowestoft: Fatal crash man named
A 39-YEAR-OLD man who died following a road traffic collision in Lowestoft has today been named by police.Mark Cook, of Bullard Road in Norwich, suffered serious head injuries after he was in collision with a lorry on the A12 Yarmouth Road at Lowestoft earlier this week.
A 39-YEAR-OLD man who died following a road traffic collision in Lowestoft has today been named by police.
Mark Cook, of Bullard Road in Norwich, suffered serious head injuries after he was in collision with a lorry on the A12 Yarmouth Road at Lowestoft earlier this week.
Mr Cook was in collision with a Leyland Daf lorry on the road just south of the Denes High School just before 3pm on Tuesday.
He was taken to the James Paget University Hospital by road ambulance after the collision with serious injuries but was then transferred to Addenbrookes Hospital where he died on Tuesday night.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed until about 9pm as officers conducted investigations at the scene.
Although police have already spoken to a number of witnesses, officers are continuing to ask anyone who saw the collision to call the Serious Collision Investigation Team at police headquarters on 01473 613500.
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 3 Relief for kittiwakes as controversial netting removed
- 4 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 5 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 6 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 7 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 8 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 9 Lockdown easing to go ahead - but Hancock won't rule out reversal
- 10 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight