Lowestoft: Fatal crash man named
A 39-YEAR-OLD man who died following a road traffic collision in Lowestoft has today been named by police.Mark Cook, of Bullard Road in Norwich, suffered serious head injuries after he was in collision with a lorry on the A12 Yarmouth Road at Lowestoft earlier this week.
A 39-YEAR-OLD man who died following a road traffic collision in Lowestoft has today been named by police.
Mark Cook, of Bullard Road in Norwich, suffered serious head injuries after he was in collision with a lorry on the A12 Yarmouth Road at Lowestoft earlier this week.
Mr Cook was in collision with a Leyland Daf lorry on the road just south of the Denes High School just before 3pm on Tuesday.
He was taken to the James Paget University Hospital by road ambulance after the collision with serious injuries but was then transferred to Addenbrookes Hospital where he died on Tuesday night.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed until about 9pm as officers conducted investigations at the scene.
Although police have already spoken to a number of witnesses, officers are continuing to ask anyone who saw the collision to call the Serious Collision Investigation Team at police headquarters on 01473 613500.
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 4 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 5 Pizza branch to expand into another unit
- 6 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 7 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 8 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 9 Power tools stolen during Lowestoft shed burglary
- 10 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced