Lowestoft: Fatal crash man named
A 39-YEAR-OLD man who died following a road traffic collision in Lowestoft has today been named by police.Mark Cook, of Bullard Road in Norwich, suffered serious head injuries after he was in collision with a lorry on the A12 Yarmouth Road at Lowestoft earlier this week.
A 39-YEAR-OLD man who died following a road traffic collision in Lowestoft has today been named by police.
Mark Cook, of Bullard Road in Norwich, suffered serious head injuries after he was in collision with a lorry on the A12 Yarmouth Road at Lowestoft earlier this week.
Mr Cook was in collision with a Leyland Daf lorry on the road just south of the Denes High School just before 3pm on Tuesday.
He was taken to the James Paget University Hospital by road ambulance after the collision with serious injuries but was then transferred to Addenbrookes Hospital where he died on Tuesday night.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed until about 9pm as officers conducted investigations at the scene.
Although police have already spoken to a number of witnesses, officers are continuing to ask anyone who saw the collision to call the Serious Collision Investigation Team at police headquarters on 01473 613500.
- 1 Woman in 60s taken to hospital following collision
- 2 Drivers face diversions as bridge set for overnight closures
- 3 Man to be sentenced for drugs charges told jail is 'almost inevitable'
- 4 Boat trip firm hopes to move launches to Heritage Quay
- 5 Lowestoft boxer Charley Davison’s Olympic medal chase - how it could unfold
- 6 Locked mountain bikes stolen from cycle rack outside supermarket
- 7 Olympic quest continues for Lowestoft's GB boxing star Charley Davison
- 8 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 9 'Forever an Olympian': Charley Davison bows out at Tokyo games
- 10 Films to be screened across district as silent outdoor cinema launches