Nine fire engines called to cooker blaze at Lowestoft block of flats
- Credit: Michael Howes
Dozens of firefighters were called to a blaze at a block of flats in Lowestoft this afternoon.
Firefighters were called to the building in London Road South at 12.10pm today, Wednesday, November 10.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said crews arrived to find a cooker fire in a first floor flat.
The spokesman said: "Everyone was accounted for and there were no reports of any injuries.
"The fire has been extinguished."
They added that a large number of fire crews were normally sent to high rise buildings.
Crews from Woodbridge, Southwold, Beccles, North Lowestoft, Haverhill and Lowestoft South were called to the blaze.
- 1 One person treated at scene of house fire in Lowestoft
- 2 Pressure group anger over speeding drivers on busy bypass
- 3 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 4 Lowestoft jeweller gets TV spot in Kirstie Allsopp's Handmade Christmas
- 5 Victorian theme attracts hundreds for town's festivities
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 8 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 9 Roadworks to know about in Lowestoft this week
- 10 Man charged and two arrested after victim hit with knife in assault
A 'stop' call was made at 12.31pm.