Police informed over ‘suspected arson’ attack
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Firefighters tackled a car blaze, which is being treated as 'suspected arson.'
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service were alerted at 2.37am this morning (Sunday) following reports of a fire in the open in Mutfordwood Lane, Carlton Colville.
A crew from Lowestoft south fire station attended the scene and discovered a car ablaze in the area.
Firefighters tackled the blaze and put out the flames, with the scene cleared by 3.21am.
A brigade spokesman said: 'A call was received from a member of the public to a fire in the open at this location.
You may also want to watch:
'Crews arrived on scene to find a car on fire.
'The fire was extinguished using one hose reel.
- 1 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 2 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 3 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 4 Warning after man duped into paying £300 to 'forceful' rogue traders
- 5 Two Lowestoft recycling rounds costing £50,000 in contaminated waste
- 6 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 7 Sadness at latest Lowestoft town centre store closure
- 8 'Life and soul of the party': Lowestoft pub boss remembered
- 9 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree
- 10 Three men arrested after van targeted in break-in
'Police have been informed as this is suspected arson.'
Anyone who witnessed the incident, or who has any information which may help police should call Lowestoft police on 101, or alternatively you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.