Police informed over ‘suspected arson’ attack
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Firefighters tackled a car blaze, which is being treated as 'suspected arson.'
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service were alerted at 2.37am this morning (Sunday) following reports of a fire in the open in Mutfordwood Lane, Carlton Colville.
A crew from Lowestoft south fire station attended the scene and discovered a car ablaze in the area.
Firefighters tackled the blaze and put out the flames, with the scene cleared by 3.21am.
A brigade spokesman said: 'A call was received from a member of the public to a fire in the open at this location.
You may also want to watch:
'Crews arrived on scene to find a car on fire.
'The fire was extinguished using one hose reel.
- 1 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 2 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 3 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 4 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 5 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
- 6 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 7 Severe delays on A146 after two-vehicle crash
- 8 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 9 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 10 Stricken yacht towed to safety by lifeboat crew
'Police have been informed as this is suspected arson.'
Anyone who witnessed the incident, or who has any information which may help police should call Lowestoft police on 101, or alternatively you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.