Police informed over ‘suspected arson’ attack
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Firefighters tackled a car blaze, which is being treated as 'suspected arson.'
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service were alerted at 2.37am this morning (Sunday) following reports of a fire in the open in Mutfordwood Lane, Carlton Colville.
A crew from Lowestoft south fire station attended the scene and discovered a car ablaze in the area.
Firefighters tackled the blaze and put out the flames, with the scene cleared by 3.21am.
A brigade spokesman said: 'A call was received from a member of the public to a fire in the open at this location.
You may also want to watch:
'Crews arrived on scene to find a car on fire.
'The fire was extinguished using one hose reel.
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 2 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 4 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 5 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 6 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 7 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 8 Investigation closed against man who exposed himself in cemetery
- 9 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 10 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend
'Police have been informed as this is suspected arson.'
Anyone who witnessed the incident, or who has any information which may help police should call Lowestoft police on 101, or alternatively you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.