Lowestoft firefighters kept busy
FIREFIGHTERS from Lowestoft were kept busy with a spate of incidents yesterday (Monday).A crew from Clifton Road station spent just over 30 minutes dealing with a large wooden compost bin that was ablaze in Broad View Road, Oulton Broad.
FIREFIGHTERS from Lowestoft were kept busy with a spate of incidents yesterday (Monday).
A crew from Clifton Road station spent just over 30 minutes dealing with a large wooden compost bin that was ablaze in Broad View Road, Oulton Broad.
They were called out at 4.04pm on Monday afternoon, and the blaze was soon put out with the scene clear at 4.36pm.
Earlier in the afternoon, a crew from Normanshurst station freed a 'young child' who 'was stuck inside a locked car.'
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters were called to Holst Close in Carlton Colville at 1.16pm, and they quickly rescued the youngster as 'entry was gained to the car' and the incident was dealt with by 1.27pm.
And yesterday morning, firefighters from Normanshurst spent nearly 40 minutes tackling a grass fire at Dip Farm in Lowestoft. The blaze at the football fields on Corton Road started at about 11.46am, and the Lowestoft crew used hose reel jets to put out around 30m by 30m of undergrowth that was ablaze.
- 1 Best friends to launch sweet shop together in seaside town
- 2 Parts of Waveney could be Covid-free for first time in months, figures show
- 3 Plea to help find 17-year-old missing since February 2
- 4 Police receive nearly 140 calls about Covid breaches during sunny weekend
- 5 Tributes to kind-hearted dad-of-three who died from Covid
- 6 Peter Aldous: 'Great opportunities for future of special Lowestoft'
- 7 Brexit: What does it mean for Lowestoft's fishing industry?
- 8 'My life as a young carer' - Woman's new book aims to support others
- 9 'Help us make a new outside space': Appeal to transform school's playground
- 10 Motorists face 25-mile diversions with roads set to be closed
The scene was cleared by 12.25pm.