Lowestoft firefighters kept busy
FIREFIGHTERS from Lowestoft were kept busy with a spate of incidents yesterday (Monday).A crew from Clifton Road station spent just over 30 minutes dealing with a large wooden compost bin that was ablaze in Broad View Road, Oulton Broad.
FIREFIGHTERS from Lowestoft were kept busy with a spate of incidents yesterday (Monday).
A crew from Clifton Road station spent just over 30 minutes dealing with a large wooden compost bin that was ablaze in Broad View Road, Oulton Broad.
They were called out at 4.04pm on Monday afternoon, and the blaze was soon put out with the scene clear at 4.36pm.
Earlier in the afternoon, a crew from Normanshurst station freed a 'young child' who 'was stuck inside a locked car.'
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters were called to Holst Close in Carlton Colville at 1.16pm, and they quickly rescued the youngster as 'entry was gained to the car' and the incident was dealt with by 1.27pm.
And yesterday morning, firefighters from Normanshurst spent nearly 40 minutes tackling a grass fire at Dip Farm in Lowestoft. The blaze at the football fields on Corton Road started at about 11.46am, and the Lowestoft crew used hose reel jets to put out around 30m by 30m of undergrowth that was ablaze.
- 1 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 2 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 3 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 4 New dance academy on the lookout for members of all abilities
- 5 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 6 Charity hero calls for more defibrillators after Eriksen collapse
- 7 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 8 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 9 North Suffolk road to close with traffic diverted for gully repairs
- 10 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
The scene was cleared by 12.25pm.