Lowestoft firefighters kept busy
FIREFIGHTERS from Lowestoft were kept busy with a spate of incidents yesterday (Monday).A crew from Clifton Road station spent just over 30 minutes dealing with a large wooden compost bin that was ablaze in Broad View Road, Oulton Broad.
FIREFIGHTERS from Lowestoft were kept busy with a spate of incidents yesterday (Monday).
A crew from Clifton Road station spent just over 30 minutes dealing with a large wooden compost bin that was ablaze in Broad View Road, Oulton Broad.
They were called out at 4.04pm on Monday afternoon, and the blaze was soon put out with the scene clear at 4.36pm.
Earlier in the afternoon, a crew from Normanshurst station freed a 'young child' who 'was stuck inside a locked car.'
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters were called to Holst Close in Carlton Colville at 1.16pm, and they quickly rescued the youngster as 'entry was gained to the car' and the incident was dealt with by 1.27pm.
And yesterday morning, firefighters from Normanshurst spent nearly 40 minutes tackling a grass fire at Dip Farm in Lowestoft. The blaze at the football fields on Corton Road started at about 11.46am, and the Lowestoft crew used hose reel jets to put out around 30m by 30m of undergrowth that was ablaze.
- 1 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 2 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 3 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 4 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 5 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 7 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 8 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 9 Is Lowestoft becoming 'party central' of the east coast?
- 10 Man, 45, jailed for Lowestoft burglaries
The scene was cleared by 12.25pm.