Lowestoft firefighters tackle chimney blaze
PUBLISHED: 10:30 07 February 2011
FIREFIGHTERS from Lowestoft spent almost an hour tackling a chimney blaze in Blundeston.
A crew from Lowestoft were called to a home at Lakeside Rise at Blundeston at 6.18pm last night (Sunday) to reports of a “fire in woodburner chimney liner.”
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said the woodburner was “being extinguised” to gain access to chimney, with the blaze eventually put out and the scene cleared by 7.12pm.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Lowestoft Journal. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.