Tumble dryer fire sparks call out
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Firefighters from Lowestoft spent more than 40 minutes dealing with a tumble dryer blaze.
A crew from North Lowestoft fire station and a second crew from Lowestoft South were alerted following reports of a fire at a home in Raglan Street.
They were sent to the scene at 12.10pm this afternoon (Sunday, February 18) and on arrival they discovered a tumble dryer ablaze.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus tackled the blaze, with the incident under control by 12.59pm.
One crew remained at the scene until 1.20pm as a thermal imaging camera was in use to check for hot spots.
You may also want to watch:
A brigade spokesman said that fire crews faced initial difficulties getting close to the scene of the fire, as access was 'hampered by parked cars'.
It meant that the fire crews had to approach the house on foot, until the two fire engines could get closer to the scene.
- 1 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 2 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 3 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 4 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 5 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 6 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 7 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 8 Iconic hospital likely to be sold to private developer
- 9 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 10 Sexual misconduct allegations against Suffolk police officers revealed under FoI laws