Popular fishmongers highly commended for industry contribution
- Credit: Archant
A traditional fishmongers was commended for its contribution to the industry at a prestigious awards ceremony.
World of Fish, based in Lowestoft, was nominated for independent fish retailer of the year at the Fishing News Awards 2018, making them one of the top five independent fishmongers in the UK.
Alan Snow, who started the family-run company in 2000, travelled with his son Bryan to Aberdeen for the awards ceremony, hosted by acclaimed comedian Fred MacAulay.
Despite not coming away with the spoils, World of Fish received a highly commended certificate for its retailing pedigree.
'We're so proud to receive the certificate,' said Bryan. 'It makes all the hard we put in worth it and this is all down to the team effort, with our colleagues Marko, Ryan and Oliver also playing a part.
You may also want to watch:
'It's great for Lowestoft - with what little fishing industry we have left - to get recognition for what we love doing.'
- 1 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 4 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 5 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 6 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 7 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 8 'You are our champion': Community praise for Olympian Charley Davison
- 9 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 10 McDonalds volunteers remove 20 wheelbarrow loads of algae from town's park