Popular fishmongers highly commended for industry contribution
- Credit: Archant
A traditional fishmongers was commended for its contribution to the industry at a prestigious awards ceremony.
World of Fish, based in Lowestoft, was nominated for independent fish retailer of the year at the Fishing News Awards 2018, making them one of the top five independent fishmongers in the UK.
Alan Snow, who started the family-run company in 2000, travelled with his son Bryan to Aberdeen for the awards ceremony, hosted by acclaimed comedian Fred MacAulay.
Despite not coming away with the spoils, World of Fish received a highly commended certificate for its retailing pedigree.
'We're so proud to receive the certificate,' said Bryan. 'It makes all the hard we put in worth it and this is all down to the team effort, with our colleagues Marko, Ryan and Oliver also playing a part.
You may also want to watch:
'It's great for Lowestoft - with what little fishing industry we have left - to get recognition for what we love doing.'
- 1 Covid infection rate in Ipswich continues to fall below England average
- 2 Acting headteacher thrilled as school delivers community help
- 3 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 4 WATCH: Therese Coffey 'walks out' of Piers Morgan interview on GMB
- 5 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 6 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 7 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 8 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain
- 9 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 10 Pressure grows for fixed date for schools to re-open