Lowestoft fundraisers' walk for charity
FUNDRAISERS donned their walking shoes on Saturday as two groups separately walked in opposite directions for charity.Over 60 people gathered at the Royal Green, in Lowestoft, for a walk to Pakefield and back, while an hour earlier 16 walkers met at Sparrow's Nest, in Lowestoft, before travelling to Gorleston and back.
FUNDRAISERS donned their walking shoes on Saturday as two groups separately walked in opposite directions for charity.
Over 60 people gathered at the Royal Green, in Lowestoft, for a walk to Pakefield and back, while an hour earlier 16 walkers met at Sparrow's Nest, in Lowestoft, before travelling to Gorleston and back.
The walk to Pakefield was held to raise funds for the local branch of the Alzheimer's Society and organisers were delighted that Waveney MP Bob Blizzard joined them.
With money still coming in, the group expects to have doubled the �500 they raised from last year's event.
You may also want to watch:
At the same time, staff and clients from Stonham's Waveney Mental Health Services were undertaking a 13-mile sponsored walk to Gorleston and back.
The Stonham supported housing service provides a safe and supportive home for people recovering from mental health problems.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 4 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 5 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 6 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 7 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 8 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
- 9 Town's Post Office branch to reopen
- 10 What's opening in Waveney from May 17?
Service manager Darren France said: 'We are all delighted to have raised almost �500 for the MH-Foundation and would like to thank everyone who sponsored us.'
Stonham Waveney Mental Health Services is taking part in World Mental Health Day Fair on the Royal Plain, in Lowestoft, on October 10, and a DVD showing highlights and interviews from the walk will be shown throughout the day.