Girl, 14, suffers black eye after being ‘slapped and punched’ by girl gang
- Credit: Archant
A 14-year-old girl was left with a black eye after being slapped and punched during an attack by a gang of girls.
The assault took place at around 5.30pm in London Road North, Lowestoft, on Monday, February 18.
A spokesman for Suffolk Police said: 'We were called shortly after 5.50pm following reports of an incident in Lowestoft.
'Following a verbal altercation, a girl was assaulted by another group of girls at around 5.30pm in the high street.
'Two girls slapped and punched the girl in the face. As result of the assault, the girl sustained a bruise to her eye and a graze on her nose.'
The attack follows a similar case of teen-on-teen violence in the town the previous week.
You may also want to watch:
On Wednesday, February 13, a 13-year-old school girl was left with a concussion and whiplash after she was subjected to an unprovoked attack as she got off the bus home.
- 1 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 2 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 5 Charity walkers celebrate some unexpected news
- 6 'An appalling state' - bereaved criticises cemetery wildlife campaign
- 7 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 8 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 9 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 10 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country