Lowestoft harbour jobs boost welcomed
AN MP has welcomed the news that 150 jobs could be created in Lowestoft by investment in renewable energy.Associated British Ports announced yesterday that the port has been chosen as the operational base for the Greater Gabbard wind farm, which is being built off the Suffolk coast.
AN MP has welcomed the news that 150 jobs could be created in Lowestoft by investment in renewable energy.
Associated British Ports announced yesterday that the port has been chosen as the operational base for the Greater Gabbard wind farm, which is being built off the Suffolk coast.
The development - including a headquarters building, helicopter launching pad and base for high-speed hovercrafts - could create 150 long-term skilled jobs in the town.
Mr Blizzard said today: 'This is great news for Lowestoft, and shows the difference green energy can make to our local economy.
You may also want to watch:
'This is another step nearer to Lowestoft becoming the wind energy capital of Britain - we are perfectly placed to make the most of this new industry.
'The government has selected the area off our coastline for the next round of expansion of offshore wind power, too, so we can look forward to seeing yet more jobs in the future.
- 1 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 2 Tributes to 'much loved' council worker as dustcart leads funeral cortège
- 3 'Do not click on the link': Warning over 'NHS scam' vaccine email
- 4 A146 reopens after hydraulic fluid spill
- 5 Former Brexit Party MP hopeful dies in Bahamas diving accident
- 6 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 7 Concerns over lack of coronavirus vaccine centres in north Suffolk
- 8 Acting headteacher thrilled as school delivers community help
- 9 'Everyone knew' Suffolk journalist David Lennard in the towns he covered during long career
- 10 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
'Combined with the research jobs from organisations such as CEFAS and the Orbis centre, this will give a new lease of life to Lowestoft and make us a centre of excellence for high-tech marine industries.'