Students and staff member at school isolating after positive Coronavirus test
- Credit: Archant
A group of students and a member of staff at an academy are being kept off school following a single confirmed case of Covid-19.
Ormiston Denes Academy – part of Ormiston Academies Trust – said there has been a confirmed coronavirus case within the school in Lowestoft.
A number of students from Year 9 and one member of staff are having to self isolate for 14 days.
A spokesman for the academy on Yarmouth Road, Lowestoft, said it was a “precautionary measure”.
While the staff member and Year 9 students must stay at home and self isolate, children in other year groups are attending the high school and continuing their education as normal.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, the children in self isolation have been assigned online educational provision to continue remote learning.
The academy spokesman added: “The health, safety and wellbeing of our whole school community will always be our main priority, and we will continue to work closely with Public Health England and other local health protection teams to ensure this.”
- 1 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 2 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft
- 3 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 4 Minke whale to be removed from Lowestoft beach
- 5 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain
- 6 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 7 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 8 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 9 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 10 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns