Students and staff member at school isolating after positive Coronavirus test
- Credit: Archant
A group of students and a member of staff at an academy are being kept off school following a single confirmed case of Covid-19.
Ormiston Denes Academy – part of Ormiston Academies Trust – said there has been a confirmed coronavirus case within the school in Lowestoft.
A number of students from Year 9 and one member of staff are having to self isolate for 14 days.
A spokesman for the academy on Yarmouth Road, Lowestoft, said it was a “precautionary measure”.
While the staff member and Year 9 students must stay at home and self isolate, children in other year groups are attending the high school and continuing their education as normal.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, the children in self isolation have been assigned online educational provision to continue remote learning.
The academy spokesman added: “The health, safety and wellbeing of our whole school community will always be our main priority, and we will continue to work closely with Public Health England and other local health protection teams to ensure this.”
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 3 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 4 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 5 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 6 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 7 How well do you know Lowestoft?
- 8 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 9 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 10 Local recruitment crisis for dentists in east Suffolk