Students and staff member at school isolating after positive Coronavirus test
- Credit: Archant
A group of students and a member of staff at an academy are being kept off school following a single confirmed case of Covid-19.
Ormiston Denes Academy – part of Ormiston Academies Trust – said there has been a confirmed coronavirus case within the school in Lowestoft.
A number of students from Year 9 and one member of staff are having to self isolate for 14 days.
A spokesman for the academy on Yarmouth Road, Lowestoft, said it was a “precautionary measure”.
While the staff member and Year 9 students must stay at home and self isolate, children in other year groups are attending the high school and continuing their education as normal.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, the children in self isolation have been assigned online educational provision to continue remote learning.
The academy spokesman added: “The health, safety and wellbeing of our whole school community will always be our main priority, and we will continue to work closely with Public Health England and other local health protection teams to ensure this.”
- 1 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 2 Suffolk to be in Tier Two in local lockdown system
- 3 Coup for Blues with signing of former Norwich City youngster
- 4 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 5 How do Tier 1 areas like Cornwall compare to Suffolk?
- 6 Club puts safety and well-being first as facility is 'closed to all'
- 7 Cyclist attacks car with handlebars and threatens driver
- 8 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 9 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 10 Merger plans unveiled for four pupil referral unit schools