Chilli festival comes to seaside town
- Credit: Archant
The Lowestoft Chilli Festival is on the Royal Green in Lowestoft today until 5pm.
The Lowestoft chilli festival has been running for four years, every year bringing something new and exciting to the arena.
Organisers are holding the UK Chilli Sauce Awards on the day of the event.
People will have the opportunity to taste and to score a wide variety of chilli sauces ranging from mild to super-hot and their scores will decide the winners of the awards in all categories. There will be chilli sauces from all across the country.
At 3 pm, a chilli eating competition will take place at the Atlas Taxis Stand.
You may also want to watch:
Stalls will include chilli sauces, spices, chilli sweets, chilli beer, chilli cakes and slices, face painting, homebrew and the ChilliLand event stall.
- 1 Flats in Lowestoft fail to sell at auction
- 2 Hunt for man wanted for assaults in Lowestoft
- 3 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 4 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 5 Cash and computer stolen as post office smashed during burglary
- 6 Fire crews called to fisheries laboratory in Lowestoft
- 7 Smirking teen in tank top and baseball cap exposes himself to woman
- 8 Flood-hit school hails 'amazing' community response
- 9 Last chance to have your say on plans for 150 new Lowestoft homes
- 10 Lowestoft men to be sentenced after admitting assault of man