Your Lowestoft Journal has a new community editor
- Credit: DENISE BRADLEY/Archant2021
The Lowestoft Journal has a new editor passionate about bringing you the news that matters.
Reece Hanson has been appointed as community editor of the Journal and will lead its team of reporters covering Lowestoft, Southwold and the surrounding villages.
Mr Hanson, 28, has been working as chief reporter at both the Lowestoft Journal and Beccles and Bungay Journal since October 2018.
Originally from Sunderland, he joined the Journal's publisher Archant after working as a reporter at a daily newspaper in Cumbria prior to his move east.
He said: "I'm honoured to have been named community editor of a newspaper I have been so passionate about for the last three years.
You may also want to watch:
"We are the only local newspaper in the town and we are fully aware of the responsibility that involves.
"In my first week at the Journal I was thrilled to be invited along to the Stars of Lowestoft and Waveney awards and from that night on I have been inspired by so many wonderful people who call this part of the world home.
- 1 New operator to be unveiled for Lowestoft pavilion regeneration
- 2 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 3 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 4 Severe delays on A146 after two-vehicle crash
- 5 Vulnerable man abused by group of youths in Lowestoft
- 6 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
- 7 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 8 Care home tenant takes on walking challenge after cancer battle
- 9 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
"It is only right we play our part too, and we must be a champion for the UK's most easterly town, and strive to make it a great place to live, work and visit.
"I can't wait to get to work."
A familiar face to many in Lowestoft, Mark Boggis will continue his role as senior reporter at the Lowestoft Journal.
Born in Gorleston, Mr Boggis has lived in Lowestoft all of his life bar four years at the University of Leeds studying journalism.
He has worked a number of roles in Lowestoft over the last two decades since February 2001.
Mr Boggis will be joined in the team by fellow local Jasper King, who has worked for the Journal since September 2020, when he returned to his native east coast after working at Bristol Live.
The trio will be supported in covering the breaking news, events and stories around the town by colleagues from around Norfolk and Suffolk.
Andrew Fitchett, who was Lowestoft Journal editor prior to Mr Hanson's appointment, has moved into a group editor role at Archant and will still be involved in the paper day-to-day.
To get in touch with the Journal's new community editor, email him at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call him on 07974 346406.