Man robbed at knifepoint as muggers enter car and steal £200
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A man has been robbed at knifepoint after two men entered his car and stole £200 in Lowestoft.
The incident occurred on Raglan Street mid-afternoon on Tuesday and was reported to police at 3.19pm.
The victim, a 21-year-old man, was driving his grey Peugeot 207 when he pulled over to make a call to his girlfriend.
He said two men then approached his vehicle from the front.
One entered the front passenger door while the other entered the rear right passenger door. The men threatened the victim with a knife and stole £200 and a mobile phone before fleeing in the direction of the Factory Arms pub.
You may also want to watch:
The victim was unhurt.
One suspect is described as five foot 10 inches tall, aged between 17 and 20 years old, wearing a blue hooded top and light grey tracksuit bottoms.
- 1 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 2 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 5 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
- 6 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 7 Severe delays on A146 after two-vehicle crash
- 8 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 9 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 10 Stricken yacht towed to safety by lifeboat crew
The second suspect is described as a white male in his 30s, around five foot 10 inches tall and was wearing a black shellsuit jacket, tracksuit bottoms and a creamy brown bandana around his face.
Anyone who witnessed any suspicious behaviour in the area or has knowledge of the incident should contact Lowestoft CID on 101 quoting crime reference 37/343/18 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.