Man robbed at knifepoint as muggers enter car and steal £200
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A man has been robbed at knifepoint after two men entered his car and stole £200 in Lowestoft.
The incident occurred on Raglan Street mid-afternoon on Tuesday and was reported to police at 3.19pm.
The victim, a 21-year-old man, was driving his grey Peugeot 207 when he pulled over to make a call to his girlfriend.
He said two men then approached his vehicle from the front.
One entered the front passenger door while the other entered the rear right passenger door. The men threatened the victim with a knife and stole £200 and a mobile phone before fleeing in the direction of the Factory Arms pub.
You may also want to watch:
The victim was unhurt.
One suspect is described as five foot 10 inches tall, aged between 17 and 20 years old, wearing a blue hooded top and light grey tracksuit bottoms.
- 1 Woman punches man on doorstep and snatches his mobile phone
- 2 CCTV shows moment father who died was restrained by Pontins security staff
- 3 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 4 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 5 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 6 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 7 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
- 8 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 9 Police officers could lose jobs over father's holiday park death
- 10 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
The second suspect is described as a white male in his 30s, around five foot 10 inches tall and was wearing a black shellsuit jacket, tracksuit bottoms and a creamy brown bandana around his face.
Anyone who witnessed any suspicious behaviour in the area or has knowledge of the incident should contact Lowestoft CID on 101 quoting crime reference 37/343/18 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.