Lowestoft: Levington Court pilots scheme
A VERY sheltered housing scheme in Lowestoft has been chosen as one of just two centres in the UK to pilot a new scheme of care.Levington Court, in London Road South, has been selected to pilot the new gold standard framework for a year beforeit is implemented in other supported living homes across the country next year.
A VERY sheltered housing scheme in Lowestoft has been chosen as one of just two centres in the UK to pilot a new scheme of care.
Levington Court, in London Road South, has been selected to pilot the new gold standard framework for a year before
it is implemented in other supported living homes across the country next year.
The framework, which began in nursing and residential homes last year, is dedicated to delivering a gold standard of care. This aims to improve the quality of care provided, collaborations with doctors, primary care teams and specialists, and to reduce
the number of hospital admissions in the final stages of life.
Levington Court scheme manager Hayley Cheshire said: 'It is an honour to be chosen for this, although it is what we have been doing anyway - offering care and support to our tenants in a more pro-active way.
- 1 Teen warned jail sentence 'almost inevitable' for cocaine dealing
- 2 Two men in 20s arrested after serious Lowestoft assault
- 3 Chance of a bargain as home goes under the hammer for £60,000
- 4 New lease of life for vacant former supermarket
- 5 Artist's impression gives glimpse of how £14.7m Cultural Quarter could look
- 6 New Taco Bell restaurant 'will make a real difference to vibrancy' of town
- 7 Man denies robbing alleged victim of mobile phone
- 8 New hair salon opens up with its very own puppy on the premises
- 9 Lowestoft woman wanted by police on recall to prison
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
'We work with them to help them make the right choices for the future and be as independent as possible.'
A specialist housing scheme joint project between Orwell Housing Association, Waveney District Council and Suffolk County Council's Adult Community Services and Supporting People - Suffolk, Levington Court consists of 58 flats that offer care and support for older people and those who require extra care on an assessed basis, 24 hours a day.
Tenants live in their own self-contained flats, with communal areas and a wide range of daily activities.
The pilot continues a successful run for Hayley, 38, who was named the first ever Independent Living Manager at the National Care Awards 2008.