Lowestoft: Levington Court pilots scheme
A VERY sheltered housing scheme in Lowestoft has been chosen as one of just two centres in the UK to pilot a new scheme of care.Levington Court, in London Road South, has been selected to pilot the new gold standard framework for a year beforeit is implemented in other supported living homes across the country next year.
A VERY sheltered housing scheme in Lowestoft has been chosen as one of just two centres in the UK to pilot a new scheme of care.
Levington Court, in London Road South, has been selected to pilot the new gold standard framework for a year before
it is implemented in other supported living homes across the country next year.
The framework, which began in nursing and residential homes last year, is dedicated to delivering a gold standard of care. This aims to improve the quality of care provided, collaborations with doctors, primary care teams and specialists, and to reduce
You may also want to watch:
the number of hospital admissions in the final stages of life.
Levington Court scheme manager Hayley Cheshire said: 'It is an honour to be chosen for this, although it is what we have been doing anyway - offering care and support to our tenants in a more pro-active way.
- 1 'Forever an Olympian': Charley Davison bows out at Tokyo games
- 2 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 3 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 4 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 5 'You are our champion': Community praise for Olympian Charley Davison
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 McDonalds volunteers remove 20 wheelbarrow loads of algae from town's park
- 8 Man to be sentenced for drugs charges told jail is 'almost inevitable'
- 9 Lowestoft boxer Charley Davison’s Olympic medal chase - how it could unfold
- 10 Man has jaw broken following punch at Latitude Festival
'We work with them to help them make the right choices for the future and be as independent as possible.'
A specialist housing scheme joint project between Orwell Housing Association, Waveney District Council and Suffolk County Council's Adult Community Services and Supporting People - Suffolk, Levington Court consists of 58 flats that offer care and support for older people and those who require extra care on an assessed basis, 24 hours a day.
Tenants live in their own self-contained flats, with communal areas and a wide range of daily activities.
The pilot continues a successful run for Hayley, 38, who was named the first ever Independent Living Manager at the National Care Awards 2008.