Lowestoft: Levington Court pilots scheme
A VERY sheltered housing scheme in Lowestoft has been chosen as one of just two centres in the UK to pilot a new scheme of care.Levington Court, in London Road South, has been selected to pilot the new gold standard framework for a year beforeit is implemented in other supported living homes across the country next year.
A VERY sheltered housing scheme in Lowestoft has been chosen as one of just two centres in the UK to pilot a new scheme of care.
Levington Court, in London Road South, has been selected to pilot the new gold standard framework for a year before
it is implemented in other supported living homes across the country next year.
The framework, which began in nursing and residential homes last year, is dedicated to delivering a gold standard of care. This aims to improve the quality of care provided, collaborations with doctors, primary care teams and specialists, and to reduce
You may also want to watch:
the number of hospital admissions in the final stages of life.
Levington Court scheme manager Hayley Cheshire said: 'It is an honour to be chosen for this, although it is what we have been doing anyway - offering care and support to our tenants in a more pro-active way.
- 1 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son
- 2 University joy for Lowestoft Sixth Form students
- 3 'A redevelopment opportunity' - Empty town centre shop and maisonette set for auction
- 4 'Innovative' new street light sparks interest on the coast
- 5 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 6 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week
- 7 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 8 Investigations continuing after drugs seized during police raid
- 9 'We can't wait' - Boutique owners prepare for April 12 re-opening
- 10 Pub and restaurant group 'looking forward' to re-opening popular venues
'We work with them to help them make the right choices for the future and be as independent as possible.'
A specialist housing scheme joint project between Orwell Housing Association, Waveney District Council and Suffolk County Council's Adult Community Services and Supporting People - Suffolk, Levington Court consists of 58 flats that offer care and support for older people and those who require extra care on an assessed basis, 24 hours a day.
Tenants live in their own self-contained flats, with communal areas and a wide range of daily activities.
The pilot continues a successful run for Hayley, 38, who was named the first ever Independent Living Manager at the National Care Awards 2008.