Lowestoft: Levington Court pilots scheme
A VERY sheltered housing scheme in Lowestoft has been chosen as one of just two centres in the UK to pilot a new scheme of care.Levington Court, in London Road South, has been selected to pilot the new gold standard framework for a year beforeit is implemented in other supported living homes across the country next year.
A VERY sheltered housing scheme in Lowestoft has been chosen as one of just two centres in the UK to pilot a new scheme of care.
Levington Court, in London Road South, has been selected to pilot the new gold standard framework for a year before
it is implemented in other supported living homes across the country next year.
The framework, which began in nursing and residential homes last year, is dedicated to delivering a gold standard of care. This aims to improve the quality of care provided, collaborations with doctors, primary care teams and specialists, and to reduce
You may also want to watch:
the number of hospital admissions in the final stages of life.
Levington Court scheme manager Hayley Cheshire said: 'It is an honour to be chosen for this, although it is what we have been doing anyway - offering care and support to our tenants in a more pro-active way.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 Victorian footbridge in Lowestoft set to undergo 'significant repairs'
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 7 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced
- 8 High Sheriff praises mental health support at high school in Lowestoft
- 9 Discovery of personal items in woods 'not suspicious', police confirm
- 10 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
'We work with them to help them make the right choices for the future and be as independent as possible.'
A specialist housing scheme joint project between Orwell Housing Association, Waveney District Council and Suffolk County Council's Adult Community Services and Supporting People - Suffolk, Levington Court consists of 58 flats that offer care and support for older people and those who require extra care on an assessed basis, 24 hours a day.
Tenants live in their own self-contained flats, with communal areas and a wide range of daily activities.
The pilot continues a successful run for Hayley, 38, who was named the first ever Independent Living Manager at the National Care Awards 2008.