Photography competition celebrating town’s landmarks enters final weeks
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Just a few weeks remain for budding photographers to enter an annual competition.
Entry for the Lowestoft Library Photography Competition closes at the end of July, with entrants invited to submit pictures matching the theme of 'Lowestoft Landmarks'. Twelve winning entries will be chosen for the library's 2019 calendar.
In addition to their photos being featured in the calendar, the winners will be invited to the library to receive a certificate and see their photographs displayed in an exhibition of entries.
'We are looking forward to seeing this year's entries,' said library manager Jo Wilde. 'Last year was very successful, with both the exhibition and the calendar drawing people into the library and raising funds for us.
'There is a lot to be proud of in Lowestoft, and we'd like to celebrate it.'
You may also want to watch:
Entry into the competition costs £2. To pick up an entry form or to find out more information, visit Lowestoft Library on Clapham Road South.
- 1 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 2 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 4 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 5 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 6 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 7 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 8 NessFest to return to Lowestoft with free events all week
- 9 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 10 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise