Lowestoft Library to mark culmination of cinema project with final screening
- Credit: Archant
Lowestoft Library and Creative Arts East will mark the conclusion of the Suffolk Libraries Presents project with a final screening.
Since the scheme began in December 2015, Lowestoft Library has showcased eight screenings, giving audiences the chance to enjoy musicals and theatre productions on the big screen.
Most recently, an audience was treated to Maxine Peake's critically-acclaimed performance as Hamlet on Friday, July 28.
The scheme will culminate on September 1, when the library hosts two screenings of The Railway Children, filmed at the National Railway Museum.
'We definitely feel the project has been successful,' said library and information advisor, Jasmine Luxton,
You may also want to watch:
'A lot of the responses have said they wouldn't have been able to attend these events if they weren't taking place in their local library.'
Although the Arts Council England-funded scheme finishes in September, the library plans to continue regular screenings due to the large community demand.
For further information on Creative Arts East events, click here or contact Sophie Clouston on 01953 713390.
- 1 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 2 'The Gull Wing is go' - Joy as third crossing secures Government approval
- 3 High street store for auction as 'residential development'
- 4 Missing pregnant woman found
- 5 Hunt for witnesses after 10 vandals target bike shelter
- 6 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
- 7 ‘A true gentleman’ - Tributes paid to popular fish merchant, pub landlord and Freemason
- 8 Seven arrested and three charged with supplying cocaine after large police presence in village
- 9 Staggering response to ‘Relight my fire’ campaign
- 10 Welcome to our new website