Lowestoft Library to mark culmination of cinema project with final screening
- Credit: Archant
Lowestoft Library and Creative Arts East will mark the conclusion of the Suffolk Libraries Presents project with a final screening.
Since the scheme began in December 2015, Lowestoft Library has showcased eight screenings, giving audiences the chance to enjoy musicals and theatre productions on the big screen.
Most recently, an audience was treated to Maxine Peake's critically-acclaimed performance as Hamlet on Friday, July 28.
The scheme will culminate on September 1, when the library hosts two screenings of The Railway Children, filmed at the National Railway Museum.
'We definitely feel the project has been successful,' said library and information advisor, Jasmine Luxton,
You may also want to watch:
'A lot of the responses have said they wouldn't have been able to attend these events if they weren't taking place in their local library.'
Although the Arts Council England-funded scheme finishes in September, the library plans to continue regular screenings due to the large community demand.
For further information on Creative Arts East events, click here or contact Sophie Clouston on 01953 713390.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 4 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 5 Local elections 2021: Green gains and Conservative majority in east Suffolk
- 6 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 9 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash
- 10 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'