Lowestoft lifeboat called to rescue disabled sailor taking part in challenge to sail around Britain
- Credit: Archant
The lifeboat in Lowestoft was called out to rescue a disabled sailor taking part in a challenge to sail around Britain.
The lifeboat was launched at 7pm on Sunday night to rescue the sailor, who was embarking on a challenge to sail around Britain non-stop.
But the boat's sail was damaged and its engine failed 27 miles south-east of the port.
The lifeboat set out to tow the yacht back to shore and was expected to arrive just before midnight.
See the website tomorrow for more on the story.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Flames and spectacular laser lights illuminate skies over pier
- 2 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 3 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 4 Vandals rip off car wing mirrors in Lowestoft street
- 5 Fourth place for Giarnni and GB quartet in team gymnastics Olympic final
- 6 People stranded on sandspit spark emergency response
- 7 Vacancy on town council after resignation
- 8 Lowestoft primary school's long-serving midday supervisor hailed after retirement
- 9 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 10 Lorry in collision with a tree near Halesworth