Lowestoft lifeboat called to rescue disabled sailor taking part in challenge to sail around Britain
- Credit: Archant
The lifeboat in Lowestoft was called out to rescue a disabled sailor taking part in a challenge to sail around Britain.
The lifeboat was launched at 7pm on Sunday night to rescue the sailor, who was embarking on a challenge to sail around Britain non-stop.
But the boat's sail was damaged and its engine failed 27 miles south-east of the port.
The lifeboat set out to tow the yacht back to shore and was expected to arrive just before midnight.
See the website tomorrow for more on the story.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 3 Relief for kittiwakes as controversial netting removed
- 4 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 5 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 6 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 7 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 8 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 9 Lockdown easing to go ahead - but Hancock won't rule out reversal
- 10 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight