Lowestoft lifeboat helps two yachts
LOWESTOFT RNLI lifeboat went to the aid of two yachts 40 miles east off Lowestoft on Saturday.
The volunteer lifeboat crew was alerted at 4.15am after the coastguard received radio messages saying that a yacht was attempting to tow another one with engine problems in very light winds.
The eighty mile round trip took about seven hours and the Spirit of Lowestoft lifeboat towed the broken down yacht to Lowestoft harbour. The other yacht reached harbour soon afterwards.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Academy in Lowestoft receives Ofsted praise for 'effective action'
- 2 Mum of four set to return to the stage in Lowestoft - after a decade away
- 3 Popular Lowestoft restaurant revealed as English curry award finalist
- 4 New £9m school building opened by children's commissioner
- 5 Thieves steal moped from driveway of home in south Lowestoft
- 6 Is Lowestoft becoming 'party central' of the east coast?
- 7 East Suffolk's coronavirus case rate increases, but rates still half England's average
- 8 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 9 Inquest date set for Gorleston woman found on beach
- 10 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted