Boat rescued after getting into difficulty near pier
- Credit: John Welch
A small boat had to be towed to safety after getting into difficulty near a pier.
Eyewitness John Welch, 58, from Kirkley Run, in Lowestoft, said he saw the vessel get into trouble initially about 500 yards from the town's Claremont Pier at around 10.30am on Sunday, August 1.
He said one RNLI Lowestoft Lifeboat crew was called out and put out a rope to help pull the boat to safety to the nearest shore.
Mr Welch, who was on his bike at the time, added the rescue took about 35 minutes and believed two people were on board the boat which was towed in.
Neither people needed any medical attention.
You may also want to watch:
The 58-year-old said the boat's A-frame was out of the water and it appeared the small vessel suffered engine problems.
- 1 Large crowds flock to popular herring and ale fayre
- 2 Duo spared jail for breaking birthday party-goer's jaw in two places
- 3 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 4 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 5 New service manager unveiled at care home in Lowestoft
- 6 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
- 7 Latest coronavirus cases show another rise in East Suffolk
- 8 Alexa Auto stolen from car during early morning theft in Lowestoft
- 9 Man charged with robbery after threatening staff with toy gun
- 10 Man appears in court charged with toy gun robbery in Lowestoft