Lowestoft Lions Club member invited to join centenary celebrations
- Credit: Archant
A special milestone will be marked next week with a royal reception.
With the Lions Clubs of the British Isles celebrating the 100th anniversary of Lions Clubs International, the organisation's patron, Her Royal Highness The Countess of Wessex, will be hosting a gathering at Buckingham Palace next Wednesday, February 28.
Ivan Gilbert will be representing Lowestoft Lions Club as he joins with members of Lions Clubs from across the British Isles at the centenary reception together with charity partners.
Lowestoft Lions Club help the community through fundraising and organising events such as the Oulton Broad Gala Day.
Mr Gilbert said: 'I am honoured to be invited to join 350 other Lions Club members and to represent Lowestoft at the reception to mark 100 years of proud service to our communities.'
You may also want to watch:
Lions Clubs International support major projects that address diabetes, youth, the environment, hunger relief, childhood cancer and sight issues affecting communities throughout the world.
- 1 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 2 Woman punches man on doorstep and snatches his mobile phone
- 3 Friends and family raise £15,000 for father with rare cancer
- 4 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 5 Joy as pub prepares to reopen for first time since September
- 6 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 7 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 8 'Fantastic' - excitement from businesses ahead of May 17 changes
- 9 CCTV shows moment father who died was restrained by Pontins security staff
- 10 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment