Lowestoft Lions Club member invited to join centenary celebrations
- Credit: Archant
A special milestone will be marked next week with a royal reception.
With the Lions Clubs of the British Isles celebrating the 100th anniversary of Lions Clubs International, the organisation's patron, Her Royal Highness The Countess of Wessex, will be hosting a gathering at Buckingham Palace next Wednesday, February 28.
Ivan Gilbert will be representing Lowestoft Lions Club as he joins with members of Lions Clubs from across the British Isles at the centenary reception together with charity partners.
Lowestoft Lions Club help the community through fundraising and organising events such as the Oulton Broad Gala Day.
Mr Gilbert said: 'I am honoured to be invited to join 350 other Lions Club members and to represent Lowestoft at the reception to mark 100 years of proud service to our communities.'
You may also want to watch:
Lions Clubs International support major projects that address diabetes, youth, the environment, hunger relief, childhood cancer and sight issues affecting communities throughout the world.
- 1 Lowestoft man kicked victim in head as he lay on the ground
- 2 Scheme unveiled for former pub and butchers on town's High Street
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man in 30s suffers emergency in Kessingland
- 4 Why a strange light was seen flying over Lowestoft
- 5 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 6 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 7 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft
- 8 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 9 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 10 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault