Lowestoft: Man held in sex assault inquiry
A LOWESTOFT alleyway was cordoned off this week as police investigated an allegation of sexual assault.Scenes of crime and forensic officers converged on the passage near London Road South on Monday morning after a 31-year-old woman alleged she had been assaulted.
A LOWESTOFT alleyway was cordoned off this week as police investigated an allegation of sexual assault.
Scenes of crime and forensic officers converged on the passage near London Road South on Monday morning after a 31-year-old woman alleged she had been assaulted.
Police were contacted just after 9.30pm on Sunday, and detectives later arrested a 53-year-old man in connection with the investigation.
Officers are keen to speak to anyone who saw a woman, described as having long, dark hair in a ponytail, wearing a dark winter coat, black jeans and blue Timberland boots, anywhere between The Drifter pub in London Road South and the KFC restaurant in Marine Parade between 4pm and 9pm on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said:'Police would like to hear from anyone who may have seen her either on her own or with anyone else between these times.'
The 53-year-old has been bailed to return to Lowestoft police station on March 3 pending further inquiries.
- 1 Delays expected as 48-ton boat is transported through region
- 2 Man in 20s among further Covid deaths at Norfolk hospital
- 3 Lowestoft gets £24.9m for key town centre projects
- 4 When do the clocks go forward in 2021?
- 5 Parts of Waveney could be Covid-free for first time in months, figures show
- 6 Pontins accused of using discriminatory 'undesirable guest' list
- 7 The voice of the Shipping Forecast publishes latest fox storybook
- 8 'A big thank you' - Superheroes salute key workers and NHS staff
- 9 Best friends to launch sweet shop together in seaside town
- 10 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft
Information to Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.