Lowestoft: Man held in sex assault inquiry
A LOWESTOFT alleyway was cordoned off this week as police investigated an allegation of sexual assault.Scenes of crime and forensic officers converged on the passage near London Road South on Monday morning after a 31-year-old woman alleged she had been assaulted.
A LOWESTOFT alleyway was cordoned off this week as police investigated an allegation of sexual assault.
Scenes of crime and forensic officers converged on the passage near London Road South on Monday morning after a 31-year-old woman alleged she had been assaulted.
Police were contacted just after 9.30pm on Sunday, and detectives later arrested a 53-year-old man in connection with the investigation.
Officers are keen to speak to anyone who saw a woman, described as having long, dark hair in a ponytail, wearing a dark winter coat, black jeans and blue Timberland boots, anywhere between The Drifter pub in London Road South and the KFC restaurant in Marine Parade between 4pm and 9pm on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said:'Police would like to hear from anyone who may have seen her either on her own or with anyone else between these times.'
The 53-year-old has been bailed to return to Lowestoft police station on March 3 pending further inquiries.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 4 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 5 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 8 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 9 Man, 45, jailed for Lowestoft burglaries
- 10 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
Information to Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.