Lowestoft: Man held in sex assault inquiry
A LOWESTOFT alleyway was cordoned off this week as police investigated an allegation of sexual assault.Scenes of crime and forensic officers converged on the passage near London Road South on Monday morning after a 31-year-old woman alleged she had been assaulted.
A LOWESTOFT alleyway was cordoned off this week as police investigated an allegation of sexual assault.
Scenes of crime and forensic officers converged on the passage near London Road South on Monday morning after a 31-year-old woman alleged she had been assaulted.
Police were contacted just after 9.30pm on Sunday, and detectives later arrested a 53-year-old man in connection with the investigation.
Officers are keen to speak to anyone who saw a woman, described as having long, dark hair in a ponytail, wearing a dark winter coat, black jeans and blue Timberland boots, anywhere between The Drifter pub in London Road South and the KFC restaurant in Marine Parade between 4pm and 9pm on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said:'Police would like to hear from anyone who may have seen her either on her own or with anyone else between these times.'
The 53-year-old has been bailed to return to Lowestoft police station on March 3 pending further inquiries.
- 1 Lowestoft house fire starts in tumble dryer and rips through conservatory
- 2 Acid attack victim opens heart to TV star on true crime show
- 3 Woman bruised after being bitten by dog
- 4 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 5 Adapted trike helping to fulfil dreams and bring back 'happy memories'
- 6 Relief for kittiwakes as controversial netting removed
- 7 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 8 Pier owners looking forward to bright future
- 9 Magnet fishermen catch a stolen moped in broad
- 10 People gather in the street for funeral of "local legend"
Information to Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.